Cheesy Bread Spread will transform your regular loaf of bread into a mouthwatering sensation. Serve this bread with pasta dishes or next to a freshly made salad.
This Cheesy Bread Spread is not like your regular garlic bread loaf. It’s better. Like, really better. Yes we are all used to our old stand-by garlic spread, but I promise you will be stuck on this Cheesy Bread Spread instead. In fact, you might even love it more than Monterey Ranch Bread. You’ll have to let me know which one you prefer.
I love to serve this bread for casual dinners, fancy dinners, quick lunches. It doesn’t really matter what the occasion or non-occasion because this cheesy bread goes with almost everything. I especially enjoy it with The Best Meatballs and My Three Day Marinara and alongside this Romaine Salad with Creamy Gorgonzola and Parmesan Dressing. My kids have even asked for it as a meal alone (who wouldn’t).
Let me know when you make it and how much you enjoyed it. I have a feeling it will become a family favorite at your house too.
How Do You Make Cheesy Bread Spread
- Gather all of your ingredients and combine them together in a large bowl (except the bread).
- Slice your loaf of bread in half lengthwise
- Spread the cheese mixture on each half of the bread evenly
- Place the bread on a large baking sheet
- Place baking sheet in the top third of the oven
- Broil until golden brown and bubbly
What Kind of Bread Do I Use
It absolutely does not matter what kind of bread you use for this recipe. I love spreading this Cheesy Bread Spread on a loaf of French Sourdough, but you can use whatever you choose. In a pinch I have even spread it on sliced white bread and it’s still amazing. Use what you have. The spread will keep in the fridge all week (and then some) so feel free to make a couple slices daily to go with dinner.
Let the bread sit for a few minutes before slicing it up. The cheese will set better when you wait.
I can’t think of a more comforting side dish to go with all of your meals! This Cheesy Bread Spread is also wonderful when served with this Quick Chicken and Pesto Pasta.
IF YOU DO MAKE SOMETHING FROM NOBLEPIG, IT WOULD BE GREAT TO SEE HOW YOURS TURNED OUT! TAG @NOBLEPIG ON INSTAGRAM WITH YOUR CREATION. DON’T FORGET TO RATE THIS RECIPE AND LEAVE A COMMENT BELOW. ALSO FOLLOW ALONG ON INSTAGRAM, PINTEREST, FACEBOOK AND TWITTER FOR LOTS OF FOOD INSPIRATION AND A PEEK INTO EVERYDAY LIFE.
Cheesy Bread Spread
- 1 (14-16 oz) loaf Sourdough French Bread or any bread, sliced in half lengthwise
- 1-1/2 cups (6 oz) shredded, sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1-1/2 cups mayonnaise
- 1 cup diced red or yellow onion
- 1-1/2 tsps prepared horseradish
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- sliced chives for garnish (optional)
- In a large bowl, combine cheese, mayonnaise, onion, horseradish and garlic powder.
- Spread cheese mixture evenly onto cut side of bread.
- Place bread (cut side up) on a large baking tray and place under broiler in the upper third of your oven. (You do not need to preheat the broiler.) Watch closely and broil until golden brown; about 5-8 minutes. Cheese will be bubbly and edges of bread browned.
- Remove from the oven and let sit a couple of minutes before slicing into pieces.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.