Easy and impressive, this indulgent Snickers Ice Cream Sandwich Cake is ready to serve at your next celebration. Layers of ice cream sandwiches and whipped topping create the base of this decadently, delicious ice cream sandwich dessert.
Everyone Loves Ice Cream Cake
What’s a better way to celebrate the changing of the seasons than with an ice cream cake that’s incredibly simple to make?
Having a summer birthday has always been synonymous with having an ice cream cake as an essential component of the celebration, a tradition I personally love.
This ice cream sandwich cake version has all the nostalgia of past ice cream cakes, but is quite possibly the least fussy recipe when it comes to making a show-stopping treat. It’s one of the best desserts to put together if you’ve rented a vacation house for any of the summer holidays. You don’t need any special equipment to get this made and all ingredients are easily found at small town stop and shops.
Ingredients to Make the Best Ever Snickers Ice Cream Cake
The list is short, which is always nice for a warm-weather recipe. It’s even possible you already have a few of these items in the pantry and freezer.
- For the ice cream: you’re going to use the very simple ice cream sandwiches, the ones they used to have at the school cafeteria on special occasions. Buy the big box, you’re going to need them.
- For the in between layer and top: whipped topping (aka Cool Whip), roasted and salted peanuts (adds a salty and sweet element as well as texture), chocolate and caramel ice cream syrup
- For the candy: Snickers bars, obviously. The fun size work great and require the least amount of chopping
THE FULL INGREDIENT LIST AND PRINTABLE INSTRUCTIONS CAN BE FOUND AT THE END OF THIS POST
How Do I Love Thee, Ice Cream Sandwich Cake? Let Me Count the Ways
- This is quite possibly the simplest dessert recipe you will ever make. You have no idea how much everyone will LOVE it until you serve them a piece.
- Using ice cream sandwiches makes this ice cream cake more than convenient to throw together. Not to mention how the creamy ice cream and chewy cookies, create a perfect balance of textures.
- The layering of whipped topping in between the ice cream sandwiches and on top, is a nice play against the dense ice cream.
- Snickers candy bars…chewy nougat, caramel, crunchy peanuts, and creamy chocolate. Need I say more?
Make It Your Own
Recipes (with some exceptions) are merely guidelines, inspirations and suggestions of how to make something you want to eat.
Possible Substitutions for Snickers Ice Cream Cake
- Ultimately you can use any ice cream sandwiches you prefer. Feel free to use a different flavor, or more than one flavor. You can use low fat, or non-dairy if you prefer. However, you do not want a “thicker” in size ice cream sandwich that is going to overfill the pan, unless you have a deeper pan to make it in.
- For the whipped topping you can use a lower calorie or sugar free version or CocoWhip.
- Use a different candy bar if you are not a Snickers fan.
- Switch out the nuts if you like, but I do think the roasted salted peanuts are the best option.
- Add mini chocolate chips.
- Use only chocolate or caramel sauce if you’re not big on one of them
There are so many options to make this ice cream sandwich cake your own.
More Frozen Treats to Make Your Life Sweet
As the temperatures begin to rise, the allure of sweet, icy treats becomes irresistible, providing a much-needed respite from the heat and a welcome moment of joy and pleasure.
- Strawberry – Chocolate Chip Ice Cream Cake or Whoppers – Malted Milk Ice Cream Cake for a more traditional take on ice cream cakes. Both made in a springform pan and turn out absolutely perfect every, single time.
- Coffee lovers unite, this Mud Pie is the frozen treat you’ve been searching for.
- If fruit flavored ice cream is more your jam, commit to making a flavor of the month, whether it’s pineapple cheesecake, blueberry-sour cream, strawberry frozen yogurt, cinnamon peach, cherry-coconut-chocolate chip, maraschino cherry, lemon poppy seed, or sweet corn-blueberry buttermilk, you’re guaranteed to find a favorite.
- Have you ever made popsicles at home? These Strawberries and Cream Popsicles and Watermelon-Coconut-Lime Popsicles will both be a hit on a hot day.
- If you prefer a little crunch in your ice cream, you’re going to love this Chocolate-Pretzel-Caramel no-churn version, or my favorite Almond Butter Crunch Ice Cream or if you’re a cereal lover this Lucky Charms Ice Cream is the best and always a hit with kids.
- Have you ever added a slice of pie to a milkshake? It’s absolutely the best thing you’ll ever do!! My Cherry Pie Milkshake and Apple Pie Milkshake are truly the best. This is a great way to repurpose leftover, grocery store pie that just isn’t as good as homemade.
Share, Share, Share!
IF YOU DO MAKE SOMETHING FROM NOBLEPIG, IT WOULD BE GREAT TO SEE HOW YOURS TURNED OUT and who you fed it to! Snap a photo and tag @NOBLEPIG and #noblepig on INSTAGRAM so I can see how it turned out.
DON’T FORGET TO RATE THIS RECIPE AND LEAVE A COMMENT BELOW.
Snickers Ice Cream Sandwich Cake
Ice Cream Sandwich Cake:
- 24 ice cream sandwich bars, divided
- 16 oz. frozen whipped cream topping, thawed, divided
- 1/2 cup chocolate sauce, divided
- 1/2 cup caramel sauce, divided
- 1/2 cup chopped roasted, salted peanuts, divided
- 1 (18 oz.) bag fun size Snickers, roughly chopped, divided
Ice Cream Sandwich Cake:
- Unwrap and line up 12 ice cream sandwiches into the bottom of a 9 x 13 pan (you'll have to cut a couple of the sandwiches to fit into the pan, see above picture in the post).24 ice cream sandwich bars, divided
- Spread half of the whipped topping over the ice cream sandwiches.16 oz. frozen whipped cream topping, thawed, divided
- Drizzle about 1/4 cup of the chocolate sauce and 1/4 cup of the caramel sauce over the top of the whipped topping. Sprinkle half of the peanuts and half of the chopped Snickers bars over the top.1/2 cup chocolate sauce, divided, 1/2 cup caramel sauce, divided, 1/2 cup chopped roasted, salted peanuts, divided, 1 (18 oz.) bag fun size Snickers, roughly chopped, divided
- Repeat above steps with remaining ingredients to make one more layer.
- Cover the dish with foil and place in the freezer for at least 4 hours before serving. Slice into squares when ready to serve.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.