This Rolo No-Bake Cheesecake boasts an unbelievably smooth texture, without a hint of graininess, coupled with a cheesecake filling that hits all the right notes of sweetness, creaminess, and tanginess, all nestled in a sturdy Oreo cookie crust. The dulce de leche based topping and whipped cream towers, studded with Rolo candy are going to make your taste buds do the tango.
This no-bake Rolo Cheesecake is so simple to make at home. All levels of this easy, cheesecake recipe from its buttery, Oreo cookie crust, creamy vanilla cheesecake filling and smooth caramel topping that drips down the side, with whipped cream swirls and Rolo candy for an extra indulgent dessert are just spectacular!
If you’re a fan of cheesecake that’s incredibly smooth, without any graininess, and has a perfectly sweet, creamy, and tangy filling with a tender crumb crust, then this no-bake cheesecake is the ideal dessert for you.
Unlike a classic cheesecake, this no-bake cheesecake has no eggs, no granulated sugar, and obviously requires no oven time. I sweeten the cream cheese with confectioners’ sugar and the whipped cream, when chilled, helps give the cheesecake its sturdiness.
Does anyone remember the advertising campaign that included the famous line, “Do you love anyone enough to give them your last Rolo?” Luckily, this cheesecake is indulgent enough that you’re going to want to share a few slices, rather than keep them all to yourself.
What Is Most Important When Making A No-Bake Cheesecake?
- Heavy cream is the secret to no-bake cheesecake filling. Beating the cream to stiff peaks are required for a thick filling in this recipe. The confectioners’ sugar also helps thicken the filling.
- Full-fat cream cheese at room temperature (not slightly cold). Lower fat versions do not work.
- A gentle hand when it comes to folding the whipped cream into the cheesecake filling as not to deflate the air. The air in the filling is what gives this cheesecake its mousse-like consistency and solidifies the filling in the refrigerator.
- If you want clean slices, refrigerating this cheesecake for a minimum of 12 hours is key. Hold off on the whipped cream swirls until serving unless you make stabilized whipped cream.
Freezing a No-Bake Cheesecake
I highly advise against freezing a no-bake cheesecake to set it. Instead, it’s crucial to use the refrigerator to complete this step, and believe me, it’s well worth the patience.
But, if you want to savor the cheesecake later, it’s possible to freeze it. After the cheesecake has set in the refrigerator, wrap the entire pan (removing the sides is optional) in a layer of plastic wrap and a layer of aluminum foil. No-bake cheesecake freezes beautifully and can be stored for up to three months. When ready to serve, defrost in the refrigerator, slice, and enjoy.
For this particular no-bake cheesecake recipe, hold off adding the caramel topping and decorative whipped cream if you are going to freeze the base to use at a later time.
More Recipe Tips For A No-Bake Cheesecake
- I used a 9″ springform pan to make this cheesecake. You can make it in a larger pan, but the cheesecake won’t be as thick. If you attempt using a smaller than nine inch springform pan, you will be left with some excess cheesecake filling, which you could use to make some cheesecake jars. However, I do recommend sticking with the 9″ pan for best results.
- If you don’t have a food processor to pulverize the Oreo cookies, you could use a rolling pin and a Ziploc bag to crush them into crumbs for the crust.
- I will reiterate the importance of using full-fat cream cheese and the highest fat content whipping cream you can find, otherwise the cheesecake will not set properly. For the best texture, make sure the cream cheese is at room temperature and heavy cream is cold straight from the refrigerator. Again, the whipped cream is what helps the cheesecake set so very stiff peaks are necessary.
- Do not use spreadable cream cheese that comes in a tub, must be the the cream cheese that is sold in blocks.
- I used dulce de leche to make the topping, but you could essentially use any store bought caramel sauce or make your own. Adding cream to the dulce de leche helps make it pourable. Dulce de leche has a unique and irresistible taste, which is why I suggest seeking it out. I do have a favorite brand that is linked in the recipe card below, but you can also find another version at the grocery store, close to where the sweetened condensed milk is located in the baking aisle.
- Leftover Rolo cheesecake can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge where they will keep for about four days.
Cheesecake Desserts Come In All Shapes And Sizes
Cheesecake in any form is always a welcome addition to the dessert table. And while cheesecake may not solve all your problems, it’s definitely a good place to start.
- Strawberry cheesecake bars no bake are light and airy with a vanilla wafer crust!
- This white chocolate raspberry cheesecake made mini style and into individual servings, is one of the best bites you’ll enjoy this season.
- The creamiest pumpkin cheesecake is just waiting for you to make it.
- A no-churn pineapple cheesecake ice cream you have to make at least once.
- Always start the day with a strawberry-banana cheesecake smoothie.
- Cinnamon swirl cheesecake is always a good idea and an amazing cinnamon dessert.
- The perfect summer dessert can be found in these mini blueberry cheesecakes that are always the first to disappear off any dessert table.
- Strawberry crunch cheesecake bars are perfect for any celebration worthy of cheesecake.
Love Is Sweet, But Cheesecake Is Sweeter
If you find yourself cheese-ing it up with this decadent dessert, I’d love it if you snapped a photo and tagged @NOBLEPIG and #noblepig on INSTAGRAM so I can see how much you enjoyed every, single bite!
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Rolo No-Bake Cheesecake
Oreo Cookie Crust:
- 26 Oreo cookies
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 6 oz. dulce de leche
- 3 tbsps. heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tbsps. confectioners' sugar
- 24 Rolo candies, 8 whole, the rest chopped
Oreo Cookie Crust:
- Place the Oreo cookies into a food processor and pulverize until they are fine crumbs. Add melted butter and pulverize again until fully combined.
- Pour crumbs into a 9" springform cake an. Use the back of a spoon or the flat side of a measuring cup to press the crumbs firmly into the base. Place pan in the freezer while you make the filling.
- Place the room temperature cream cheese into a large mixing bowl along with the confectioners' sugar. Beat with a hand held mixer until smooth.
- Add heavy cream and vanilla extract to a separate bowl. Use the whisk attachment to whisk to VERY stiff peaks.
- Transfer the whipped cream into the bowl with the cream cheese mixture. Use a spatula to gently fold them together (without deflating the whipped cream) until fully combined.
- Transfer the no bake cheesecake filling and place it on top of the Oreo cookie crust base. Use an offset spatula or the back of a spoon to smooth it out. Cover the pan with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator for at least 12 hours, but preferably overnight.
- Once cheesecake is set, remove from the pan and place on a serving plate.
Dulce de Leche Caramel Topping:
- Place dulce de leche and heavy cream into a microwave safe bowl and heat for 30 seconds. Stir, and heat for another 30 seconds. The caramel should be a pourable consistency, but should not be burning hot. Pour the "lightly warm" dulce de leche over the cheesecake. Place cheesecake back in the refrigerator while you make the whipped cream topping. (Dulce de leche topping will be a little soft even after chilling.)
Whipped Cream Topping:
- Add heavy cream and confectioners' sugar to a bowl. Whisk to stiff peaks and transfer to a piping bag fitted with a star nozzle (I used a Wilton 1M).
- Pipe 8 large swirls on top of the cheesecake and stud each swirl with a whole Rolo candy.
- Slice and serve each piece with extra chopped Rolo candy and another drizzle of dulce de leche caramel sauce.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.