Festive, fun and bright, this celebration candy chocolate bark is here to deliciously sweeten any occasion – from special birthdays, holidays, baby and bridal showers or any occasion where chocolate is a must! This dark chocolate candy bark is also a great addition to any candy buffet or dessert table you might be setting up.
Dark Chocolate Candy Bark
Need a fancy “celebratory” candy treat for an upcoming birthday, special occasion or holiday? This chocolate bark can be easily personalized to fit into any theme you can dream up.
While a large cake or pie looks impressive and feels necessary for a birthday celebration, it’s not always possible to make that happen (maybe you don’t even bake). This celebration bark is every bit as festive as a cake and is perfect for a destination party, as it travels well (so great for a picnic). This recipe gives your creative streak free rein and with endless possibilities for decorating.
Every bite of this smile-inducing bark is packed with sumptuous tidbits of favorite candies, nuts and sprinkles. No one will turn down a hunk of this treat, when offered a piece. No plates or dessert forks necessary.
Children love novelty, so get them involved and make this decorated bark for your next event.
Special Occasion Chocolate Bark Ingredients
Remember, you can use any color candy melts, sprinkles or nuts to make this celebration candy bark fit any occasion or holiday you need it for. Make it personal with someone’s favorite colors and give it to them as a gift or match your party colors. It’s so easy to do.
Dark Chocolate Chips – since the candy melts are sweet as well as the candy toppings, I highly suggest sticking with dark chocolate for the base
White Chocolate Chips – these add sweetness and color (my favorite brand is Guittard)
Candy Melts – I used green candy melts and pink candy melts, but you can use whatever color you prefer or have available
Sprinkles – Use any you prefer
Peanuts – roasted and salty for that sweet-salty combination
M&M’s – any flavor and color
GET THE FULL (PRINTABLE) CELEBRATION CHOCOLATE BARK RECIPE BELOW. ENJOY
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Tools You’ll Need
- baking sheet
- melting bowl
- parchment paper
- green candy melts
- pink candy melts
- fancy sprinkles – these are my favorite
How to Make a Bain-Marie
When it comes to melting chocolate, putting together a simple bain-marie is the way to go if you want a smooth and silky result. A bain-marie is a fancy term for a hot water bath.
You’ll need a small saucepan, with high sides, along with a heat proof bowl. The bowl will need to completely cover the top of the saucepan. A clear, glass Pyrex bowl is my choice.
Fill your saucepan with about 4″ of water and place on the stove over medium heat. Place your empty heat proof bowl on top. Water should not touch the bottom of the bowl.
Your bowl should fit snugly over the saucepan, so the steam remains trapped underneath. Exposing the chocolate to steam can cause the chocolate to seize, which is really hard to fix.
Heat the water to a simmer, then add the chocolate chips into the bowl to be melted, stirring continuously.
This is such a useful make-shift kitchen tool and one of my favorite alternatives to a microwave.
Extra Recipe Notes
- While I love melting the dark chocolate chips in a bain-marie (it makes the texture of the melted chocolate smoother and silkier), however, you can melt the chocolate in microwave in increments of 20 to 30 seconds at 50% power. The results might not be as smooth.
- When using the toothpick to create the zigzag pattern, I swirl the white chocolate chips into the warm dark chocolate to help them melt and blend.
More Special Occasion Celebration Candy Treats
- Mini Triple-Treat Cupcakes
- Cupid’s Pretzel Treats
- Vampire Chocolate Halloween Bark
- Football Rice Krispies Treats
- Valentine’s Day Chocolate Bark
- Muddy Buddies
IF YOU DO MAKE SOMETHING FROM NOBLEPIG, IT WOULD BE GREAT TO SEE HOW YOURS TURNED OUT! TAG @NOBLEPIG ON INSTAGRAM WITH YOUR CREATION. DON’T FORGET TO RATE THIS RECIPE AND LEAVE A COMMENT BELOW. ALSO FOLLOW ALONG ON INSTAGRAM, PINTEREST, FACEBOOK AND TWITTER FOR LOTS OF FOOD INSPIRATION AND A PEEK INTO EVERYDAY LIFE.
Celebration Candy Bark
- 4 cups dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup green candy melts or any color
- 1/2 cup pink candy melts or any color
- 1/4 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup M&M's, any color
- 1/4 cup sprinkles, any you prefer
- 1/2 cup roasted, salted peanuts
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Prepare a Bain Marie for melting the dark chocolate chips (it's simple and instructions on how to do this are available in the post above). Add chocolate chips to Bain Marie, stirring them gently to help them melt evenly. Do not leave unattended. Keep completely melted chocolate in Bain Marie while doing the next step.
- Separate candy melts by color into their own microwave safe bowls. Melt candy melts, in the microwave, in 30 second increments, stirring in between. until completely melted; about 2-3 minutes.
- Pour the melted dark chocolate into the prepared baking sheet and spread evenly.
- Sprinkle white chocolate chips evenly over the dark chocolate.
- Dip a fork into the melted green candy melts and use the fork to drizzle all over the dark chocolate. Repeat with the pink candy melts or whatever color you are using.
- Use a toothpick to create a zig-zag design and blend the colors.
- Top evenly with M&M's, sprinkles and peanuts.
- Freeze for one hour.
- Use a sharp knife to cut into pieces.
- Store in an airtight container on the counter or in Ziploc bags.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.