If Sheet Pan Nachos are not part of your weekly meal plan, it’s time to add them to the rotation. These loaded nachos are quick, flavorful, easily customizable and budget friendly.
Sheet Pan Nachos
These delicious nachos have it all and more: cheesy chips layered with seasoned rotisserie chicken and black beans and topped with all your favorite nacho fixings.
A rimmed sheet pan and an oven are just about all the equipment you’ll need to get this quick and easy dinner on the table.
These nachos make a great party appetizer too.
Ingredients for Chicken Nachos
One great thing about nachos is how easily customizable they are to suit your tastes. You can even vary toppings with half the pan to please even the pickiest eaters.
Here are a list of ingredients you’ll need to get these nachos on the table tonight.
- Butter – for sautéing the rotisserie chicken, adds more flavor than using oil
- Fajita Seasoning – flavor booster
- Ground Cumin – adds warm flavors to the chicken
- Rotisserie Chicken – always buy a second rotisserie chicken so you can make easy dinners like these
- Black Beans – best beans to top nachos with
- Sliced Black Olives – these are optional but add great flavor
- Jalapeno – adds a nice kick, with seeds and veins removed it will not be too spicy.
- Mexican Cheese Blend – you can use whatever you have, but this is a good one for nachos
- Tomatoes – diced tomatoes and remove seeds and discard any watery parts of the tomato
- Green Onions – slice thin and use green and white parts
- Tortilla Chips – think restaurant-style thick tortilla chips as they will not get soggy
- Sour Cream – full-fat for the best flavor
- Lime Juice – fresh is best
- Cilantro – fresh
- Salt – for flavor
GET THE FULL (PRINTABLE) SHEET PAN CHICKEN NACHOS with CREAMY LIME DRIZZLE RECIPE BELOW. ENJOY!
Easy Method for Making Chicken Nachos
1. Start with a rotisserie chicken. There’s no shame in grabbing a rotisserie chicken to jump-start nachos at home. You could also use any leftover chicken you’ve made, especially if it’s easily shred-able . With not having to cook the chicken from scratch, you can shortcut flavor by tossing the shredded chicken in a pan with butter and some seasonings to liven it up (as suggested).
2. Use restaurant-style tortilla chips. Look for restaurant-style tortilla chips for building your sheet pan nachos. These chips are thicker and hold up better than other varieties when baked.
3. Opt for a Mexican blend of cheese. Or any combination of sharp cheddar and Monterey jack cheese is also a personal favorite.
4. Finish off your nachos with your favorite toppings. While I’ve suggested my personal favorites here, really the choices are entirely up to you.
5. For easy cleanup, line your sheet pan with foil or parchment paper.
Do I Have to Use Rotisserie Chicken?
You do not.
You can also cook up chicken breast, ground beef or canned chicken if you prefer.
Can I Reheat the Leftovers?
This recipe is best when eaten right away while the chips are still crunchy.
However, I have reheated a plate of nachos in my toaster over, or you can use your regular oven set at 350 degrees, just until hot. It’s not the best, but it works.
More Sheet Pan Meals to Try
With simple prep and even easier clean up, sheet pan meals are one of the best ways to get dinner on the table in the most efficient way possible.
IF YOU DO MAKE SOMETHING FROM NOBLEPIG, IT WOULD BE GREAT TO SEE HOW YOURS TURNED OUT! TAG @NOBLEPIG ON INSTAGRAM WITH YOUR CREATION. DON’T FORGET TO RATE THIS RECIPE AND LEAVE A COMMENT BELOW. ALSO FOLLOW ALONG ON INSTAGRAM, PINTEREST, FACEBOOK AND TWITTER FOR LOTS OF FOOD INSPIRATION AND A PEEK INTO EVERYDAY LIFE.
Sheet Pan Chicken Nachos with Creamy Lime Drizzle
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- 1 package (1.12 oz) fajita seasoning
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 3 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend, divided
- 1 can (15.25 oz) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can (2.25 oz) sliced black olives, more if desired
- 1 medium sized jalapeno, seeded and deveined, minced
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 2 green onion, sliced (white and green parts)
- 1 large bag tortilla chips, thicker the chip the better
Creamy Lime Drizzle
- 1 cup sour cream
- handful of fresh cilantro
- 2 tsps fresh lime juice
- pinch of salt
- In a large skillet, on medium heat, melt butter, add shredded chicken, fajita seasoning and cumin. Mix together until chicken is heated though.
- Place tortilla chips on a large rimmed sheet pan and place in the oven while oven is pre-heating to 350 degrees. (This will help crisp up the chips.) Once the oven has reached temperature, remove the sheet pan and sprinkle 1 cup of the cheese on the chips. (Cheese will melt slightly.)
- Spread chicken evenly on top of chips; add black beans, olives, jalapeños and remaining cheese.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes.
- While nachos are baking, make up the creamy cilantro lime drizzle.
- Blend sour cream, cilantro, lime juice and salt in a blender, until well combined and smooth. Set aside.
- Remove nachos from oven and sprinkle tomato and green onions. Drizzle the creamy cilantro lime sauce all over the baked nachos. Serve immediately and enjoy!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.