Sheet Pan Fajitas were invented with weeknight meals in mind. Perfectly seasoned, tender chicken and crunchy veggies make this tasty meal one you’ll revisit often.
When it comes to what to make for dinner, quick weeknight meals are the key to survival. Some of the best easy meals include chicken saltimbocca, dan dan noodles and chicken tenderloin parmesan. And these chicken fajitas could not me simpler to throw together.
Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas Recipe
A simple weeknight meal you will instantly fall in love with! These sheet pan chicken fajitas are a quick and healthy weeknight meal made with chicken and delicious veggies.
Serve these fajitas with warmed tortillas for those who don’t mind the carbs, and you’ve got a balanced meal on the table with very little effort.
These chicken fajitas cook up pretty quickly so you don’t have to spend too much time in the kitchen to get a healthy meal on the dinner table.
Ingredients for Sheet Pan Fajitas
- avocado oil – you could also use peanut oil, it just needs to be a high heat tolerant oil
- fajita seasoning – you can use store-bought or make your own homemade fajita seasoning
- boneless, skinless chicken breasts – or chicken tenders
- red, yellow and orange bell pepper -if you like green bell pepper, feel free to use that too
- yellow onion – red onion also works
- lime juice – make sure it’s freshly squeezed
- corn or flour tortillas
How To Make Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas
Step one: Add chicken, bell peppers, red onion, oil, and fajita seasoning to an air-tight container or resealable plastic bag. Mix to combine and marinate in the fridge for at least 4 hours, or overnight.
Step two: Preheat oven to 425° F and spray a rimmed baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray.
Step three: Spread the chicken and vegetable mixture evenly onto the prepared baking sheet. Bake for 20 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and vegetables are tender.
Step four: Turn the broiler on high, or 500° F and broil chicken and vegetables for 5-7 minutes or until vegetables begin to char slightly.
Step five: Squeeze fresh lime juice over fajitas and gently toss to combine.
Step six: Serve on warm tortillas if desired.
Can I Make These Fajitas Ahead of Time?
To make this meal even easier you could freeze the marinated chicken and vegetables to cook at a later time. Follow the instructions for cutting and marinating the chicken and vegetables. Add to a
freezer-safe container and freeze for up to 3 months. When you’re ready to eat, thaw the mixture in the refrigerator and proceed with the recipe.
Since the chicken and vegetables need to marinate you can easily make this recipe a day or two ahead of time and bake when you’re ready to eat.
I’m Short On Time. Can I Skip Marinating?
Yes. Marinating the meat and vegetables helps give them a little extra flavor, but it’s totally fine to skip this step.
Make it even easier and mix everything up right on the sheet pan for a one pan meal.
What Substitutions Can I Make?
You can easily make these fajitas with your own flavor. Substitute steak or pork for the chicken.
Serve over a bowl of rice or eat straight off the pan.
Store any leftovers in the refrigerator in an air-tight container for up to 4 days.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy here.
What Equipment Do I Need To Make This Recipe?
- Cutting Board
- Sharp Knife
- Large Mixing Bowl
- Large Bowl with Lid or Resealable Plastic Bags
- Large Sheet Pan
- Measuring Spoons
How To Reheat Chicken Fajitas?
I recommend adding any leftovers to a skillet with a little bit of water and reheating them on the stove.
This will them the chicken from becoming rubbery.
Other Sheet Pan Dinners You Need To Make
If you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #NOBLEPIG on INSTAGRAM so we can see what you’ve made. FOLLOW Noble Pig ON FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER to keep up with all our latest recipes.
Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas
- 1-1/2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts or tenders, cut into thin strips
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsps avocado or peanut oil
- 4 tbsps fajita seasoning (store bought or homemade)
- juice of a lime (optional)
- 6 small corn or flour tortillas, warmed
- Add chicken, bell peppers, red onion, oil, and fajita seasoning to an air-tight container or resealable plastic bag. Mix to combine and marinate in the fridge for at least 4 hours, or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 425° F and spray a rimmed baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray.
- Spread the chicken and vegetable mixture evenly onto the prepared baking sheet. Bake for 20 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and vegetables are tender.
- Turn the broiler on high, or 500° F and broil chicken and vegetables for 5-7 minutes or until vegetables begin to char slightly.
- Squeeze fresh lime juice over fajitas and gently toss to combine.
- Serve on warm tortillas if desired.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.