Spicy, savory, and satisfying, these Jalapeno Popper Pinwheels made with buttery, flaky puff pastry are the perfect party starter and crowd-pleasing appetizer.
Party Perfect Flaky, Flavorful Jalapeno Popper Pinwheels
If you’re looking for the ultimate party appetizer, these flaky and flavorful Jalapeno Popper Pinwheels are something to keep in mind. Made with buttery layers of puff pastry and stuffed with a spicy jalapeno-cream cheese filling, these tasty bites are guaranteed to be a hit with all your guests.
Not only are these Jalapeno Popper Pinwheels a tasty choice, they’re also super easy to make. Simply roll out some puff pastry, spread on the jalapeno-cream cheese filling, and roll everything up. Then, slice the roll into bite-sized pinwheels and bake until golden brown and flaky. It’s the perfect combination of flavor and convenience.
Add them to your appetizer lineup and watch as they disappear in no time. They will be a hit for any gathering big or small.
The Rise of Jalapeno Poppers: How They Became a Popular Appetizer
It’s not clear where or when jalapeno popper phenomenon originated, but they have become a popular snack in the United States and are often served at bars and casual gatherings.
One theory is that jalapeno poppers were created in the United States in the 1950s or 1960s, around the same time that other stuffed pepper appetizers, such as stuffed mushrooms and bell peppers, became popular. Jalapeno peppers are native to Mexico and have been cultivated for thousands of years, so it is possible that the idea for jalapeno poppers was inspired by Mexican cuisine.
Regardless of their exact origin, jalapeno poppers have remained a favorite snack here in the United States and are often served at sporting events, barbecues, and other casual gatherings. They can be made in a variety of ways, with different types of cheese and wrapping methods, and are a tasty and spicy treat that are enjoyed by many.
Frequently Asked Questions About Jalapeno Popper Pinwheels
- What are jalapeno popper pinwheels and how are they made? Jalapeno popper pinwheels are a type of appetizer consisting of a jalapeno popper filling rolled up puff pastry dough and sliced into pinwheels. To make jalapeno popper pinwheels, you will need to mix together a filling made of cream cheese, shredded cheese, diced jalapeno peppers, and any additional desired ingredients. Spread the filling onto puff pastry dough and roll it up tightly. Slice into pinwheel-sized pieces and bake until the pinwheels are heated through and the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Can jalapeno popper pinwheels be made ahead of time and frozen? Yes! Jalapeno popper pinwheels can be made ahead of time and frozen. To freeze them, prepare the pinwheels according to my recipe instructions and place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Freeze the pinwheels for about 2 hours, or until they are firm. Transfer the pinwheels to a resealable bag or container and store them in the freezer for up to 3 months. To serve, bake the frozen pinwheels according to the recipe instructions, adding a few extra minutes to the baking time if necessary.
- How do you store leftover jalapeno popper pinwheels? Leftover jalapeno popper pinwheels can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. To reheat them, place the pinwheels on a baking sheet and bake in a 350°F oven for about 10-15 minutes, or until they are heated through and the cheese is melted. You can also microwave individual pinwheels for about 30 seconds, or until they are heated through.
- Feel free to use your favorite cheese blend if you prefer, instead of cheddar or for extra spice, use jalapeno jack cheese.
- Spread the cheese mixture to the edges of the puff pastry so the log will seal once rolled.
- Cut each “pinwheel” using a sawing motion. Reshape with fingers if needed.
More Quick and Easy Party Appetizers
Impress your party crew with these delicious and innovative party appetizers. From savory dips to satisfying bites, these appetizers will keep your guests satisfied throughout the night. Serve up these tasty treats, but make sure you have extra because they will disappear quickly.
- Jalapeno Popper Dip
- Pull-Apart Bacon Bread
- Gooey Pizza Dip
- Hot Italian Dip
- Maple Glazed Sausage Bites
- Roasted Garlic Bruschetta
- Kahlua Brown Sugar Baked Brie
Jalapeno Popper Pinwheels
- 4 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 4 oz. cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/3 cup diced, fresh, jalapenos (about 1 large jalapeno)
- 2 puff pastry sheets at room temperature
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium sized bowl, combine cheeses and jalapenos.
- After pastry sheets have come to room temperature, unfold and lay flat. Spread half the cream cheese mixture onto the pastry sheet and roll tightly into a log. Cut off ends so they are even. Score into equal segments with a sharp knife, then slice into 8 equal pieces. Repeat with the remaining pastry sheet.
- Place pieces onto a baking sheet, making sure to leave enough space in between as they bake and expand. Bake for 15 minutes or until cheese bubbles and pastries just start to brown.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.