Gooey Pizza Dip, a surefire crowd-pleasing appetizer for any gathering. This simple, but mouthwatering party starter is always a hit with its creamy, cheese-filled goodness and pepperoni-filled bites. Serve it for any occasion from New Year’s Eve to game day.
The Most Addictive Party Appetizer: Gooey Pizza Dip
If you’re looking for the “cheesiest” party appetizer, look no further than Gooey Pizza Dip. This creamy, cheese-filled dip is studded with savory bites of pepperoni and is sure to be a hit with everyone. It’s easy to make and always a crowd-pleaser, making it the perfect snack for game day, a casual get-together, or any other occasion.
This dip is incredibly versatile. Whether you’re a fan of traditional pepperoni pizza or prefer to mix things up with your own unique toppings, Gooey Pizza Dip is the perfect canvas for experimenting with different flavors. You can use your favorite pizza sauce, cheese blend, and toppings to create a dip that’s uniquely yours.
One of the reasons Gooey Pizza Dip is such a hit is because it’s a snap to make. With a few simple ingredients and a few minutes of prep time, you’ll have a delicious dip that’s ready to bake and serve. Whether you’re a seasoned cook or a beginner in the kitchen, Gooey Pizza Dip is an easy and impressive appetizer that’s sure to impress. It’s easy enough to construct, so put the kids in charge of making it.
Add this dip to your party menu and get ready to wow your guests with this irresistible treat.
What are Some Good Toppings for Pizza Dip?
Besides pepperoni and cheese, there are more toppings you can add to your pizza dip depending on your preferences.
- sausage (cooked)
- mushrooms (cooked)
- onions (cooked)
- bell peppers (cooked)
- pineapple (well-drained)
Can You Make Pizza Dip in a Slow Cooker?”
Yes, you can make pizza dip in a slow cooker! Simply layer the ingredients in the slow cooker in the same way you would in a baking dish. Set the slow cooker to the “low” setting and cook for about 2-3 hours, or until the dip is hot and gooey. Leave the slow cooker on the warm setting while serving.
Is Pizza Dip Gluten-Free?
Whether or not your pizza dip is gluten-free depends on the specific ingredients you use. If you use gluten-free cheese, sauce, and toppings, and serve it with gluten-free dippers, then the dip will in fact be gluten-free. However, if you use regular pizza dough or wheat-based breadsticks as dippers, the dip will not be gluten-free.
How Long Does Pizza Dip Last in the Fridge?
This pizza dip will last for about 3-5 days in the fridge when stored properly in an airtight container. It’s best to consume within a few days for optimal freshness and flavor.
Can You Freeze Pizza Dip?
It’s my recommendation to not freeze pizza dip. The texture of the cheese and other ingredients change when it’s thawed. It’s not the same. If you have leftovers, it’s best to store them in the fridge and consume within a few days.
Make Your Own Pizza Seasoning
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dried red pepper flakes (optional)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Combine all ingredients and keep in an airtight jar for up to 3 months.
- I like to use light cream cheese or Neufchatel cheese to lower the calories of this pizza dip.
- Soften the cream cheese in the microwave for 30 seconds as a shortcut.
- Shred your own mozzarella cheese if you can, it always melts better.
- My homemade pizza sauce (linked below in the recipe card) is my favorite in this recipe, but regular (non-chunky) marinara also works in a pinch.
- Feel free to use turkey pepperoni to cut the grease and calories in this recipe as well.
- Best served right out of the oven when it’s still warm.
More Crowd-Pleasing Hot and Cheesy Dips for Your Next Party
Add some flare to your party spread with these mouthwatering hot and cheesy dips. You won’t go wrong with any of them.
- Philly Cheesesteak Dip
- Baked Deviled Crab Dip
- Cheesy Hot Salmon Dip
- Hot Corn Dip
- Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Blue Cheese Dip with Caramelized Onions
- Jalapeno Popper Dip
IF YOU DO MAKE SOMETHING FROM NOBLEPIG, IT WOULD BE GREAT TO SEE HOW YOURS TURNED OUT! Take a snapshot and tag @NOBLEPIG and #noblepig on INSTAGRAM so I can see how it turned out.
DON’T FORGET TO RATE THIS RECIPE AND LEAVE A COMMENT BELOW.
Gooey Pizza Dip
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 4 oz shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 2 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup pizza sauce or marinara
- 12 pepperoni slices
- 1 tsp pizza seasoning (see recipe above in the post)
- 2-3 fresh basil leaves (optional)
- bread slices for dipping
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, combine cream cheese, 1/4 cups of the mozzarella and Parmesan cheese. Spread into the bottom of a small (1 quart) baking dish.
- Pour pizza sauce over the cream cheese mixture and spread evenly.
- Sprinkle remaining mozzarella cheese on top of the sauce layer.
- Top with pepperoni and sprinkle with pizza seasoning.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until bubbling and cheese is melted.
- Garnish with basil (optional). Serve with bread slices.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.