This Jalapeno Popper Dip is indulgently rich and creamy, with just the right amount of heat and crunch. A game day must, but is a hit for any food-focused gathering throughout the year.
Jalapeno Popper Dip Recipe
There is something really special about this tasty dip. It doesn’t look like much, but flavor wise, it’s off the charts.
Deconstructed, this jalapeno dip takes all the best parts of deep-fried jalapeno poppers and turns them into the most appetizing and mouthwatering party starter you’ll ever taste.
You’ll want to have this on the coffee table at game time or party time and watch your guests make it disappear.
Make sure to have a variety of dippers available as vehicles for getting this delicious dip into your mouth.
Jalapeno Dip Ingredients
You probably have most of the ingredients in your pantry and refrigerator.
cream cheese – for the best taste, use full fat cream cheese
mayonnaise – use any kind you prefer
shredded Mexican blend cheese – it’s totally fine to use cheese that has already been shredded in this recipe
canned green chiles – choose the level of heat, mild or hot, for your tastes
canned, sliced jalapenos – you can use plain or pickled
panko breadcrumbs – for the best crunch
Parmesan cheese – pre-shredded is also fine
butter – this helps brown your breadcrumbs
GET THE FULL (PRINTABLE) RECIPE FOR JALAPENO POPPER DIP BELOW. ENJOY!
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I Use Fresh Jalapenos?
You can. You’ll want to use 6 to 8 medium jalapenos (about 1-1/2 cups chopped), Make sure to remove the seeds.
Do I Have to Use Panko for Breadcrumbs?
Panko will give you the best crunch, but you can also crushed Ritz crackers.
What Are the Best Chips to Serve with Jalapeno Popper Dip?
I love this dip served with corn chips or a thick, ruffled dipping chip. However, give it a try with buttery crackers and I think you’ll be shocked how good that combination is. Crudités and pita chips are also a good option.
Can I Make This Ahead of Time?
You can, up to the point where you add the breadcrumbs on top. Put the panko crumbs mixture while you preheat the oven. Keep the dip mixture in the refrigerator until you’re ready to bake, but let it sit on the counter for 30 minutes before baking.
How Long Can I Store This Dip in the Refrigerator?
Store any leftovers in an air tight container, in the refrigerator for up to three days.
More Appetizer Dip Recipes
Great dips for a crowd!
- Philly Cheesesteak Dip
- Baked Deviled Crab Dip
- Cheesy Hot Salmon Dip
- Hot Corn Dip
- Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Blue Cheese Dip with Caramelized Onions
FYI: Please join our NOBLE PIG FACEBOOK GROUP for a more in depth look at recipes, cooking tips and other member contributions.
IF YOU DO MAKE SOMETHING FROM NOBLEPIG, IT WOULD BE GREAT TO SEE HOW YOURS TURNED OUT! TAG @NOBLEPIG ON INSTAGRAM WITH YOUR CREATION. DON’T FORGET TO RATE THIS RECIPE AND LEAVE A COMMENT BELOW. ALSO FOLLOW ALONG ON INSTAGRAM, PINTEREST, FACEBOOK AND TWITTER FOR LOTS OF FOOD INSPIRATION AND A PEEK INTO EVERYDAY LIFE.
Jalapeno Popper Dip
- 2 (8 oz) packages cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 1 (4 oz) can chopped green chilis (do not drain)
- 1 (4 oz) can sliced jalapenos (do not drain) – double if you like heat
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a food processor add cream cheese, mayonnaise, Mexican cheese, green chilis, jalapenos and 1/2 cup of the Parmesan cheese. Spread mixture into a greased 2-quart casserole dish.
- In a bowl mix bread crumbs and the remaining 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese. Pour melted butter over the crumb mixture and mix well.
- Sprinkle crumb mixture evenly over the dip and bake for about 20 minutes. The top should be browned and the dip bubbling on the edges when it's finished. (Do not over heat or the mayonnaise will separate and a grease puddle will form in the middle of your dip.) Serve with buttery crackers, French baguette or chips.
- Serve with chips, buttery crackers or French baguette.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.