The most delicious air fryer salmon with a mouthwatering maple soy glaze. If you love seafood with savory-sweet flavor, this recipe is for you.
Just like my very popular Perfect Air Fryer Salmon, this recipe takes your salmon fillets to a whole new level of deliciousness. The air fryer circulates air all around the salmon, infusing all the flavor, while locking in the moisture. You will never make salmon any other way again.
Air Fryer Maple Glazed Salmon Recipe
Making salmon in the air fryer is a life-changing eating experience, especially for anyone who has struggled to cook perfect salmon fillets. Salmon made in the air fryer comes out more than perfect every single time!
This is honestly one of the best ways to make salmon, especially on a weeknight when you are short on time and energy.
If you are on the fence about purchasing an air fryer, I can say with absolute confidence that making this maple soy salmon in the air fryer alone is reason enough to finally add this appliance to your kitchen.
Ingredients for Air Fryer Maple Glazed Salmon
The recipe is located at the bottom of the page.
- maple syrup – you’ll want to use pure maple syrup, not pancake syrup
- soy sauce- make sure it’s low-sodium
- garlic powder
- black pepper – coarsely ground
- salmon fillets
How To Make Air Fryer Salmon
Step one: In a large zip-top bag, add maple syrup, soy sauce, garlic powder and pepper. Close the bag and shake to make sure everything gets combined. Open the bag to add in the salmon fillets. Place the bag in the fridge for 30 minutes to marinate.
Step two: Remove salmon from the bag and place fillets in the air fryer basket; save the marinade. Set the air fryer to 375°F for 8 minutes.
Step three: After 4 minutes, brush some of the marinade onto each salmon fillet, close, and let the salmon finish cooking. Discard any leftover marinade.
Step four: Serve immediately.
How Do You Know When Salmon Is Done?
The easiest way to test if salmon is done cooking without a thermometer is to gently press down on the fillet, using either your finger or a fork. If the salmon flakes (separates easily along the white lines that run across the fillet) it’s finished cooking.
Definitely use this method when checking your salmon in the air fryer. The starting temperature of the fish can increase or decrease the cooking times.
Does Salmon in the Air Fryer Stink Up the House?
Thankfully cooking salmon in the air fryer does not make the house smell, which is another great reason to cook it this way.
Can I Use Frozen Salmon?
You can, but it does need to be thawed before placing in the marinade.
Can I Use Salmon That Still Has The Skin On?
Yes. Make sure to cook in the air fryer with the skin side down.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy here.
There are so many amazing things to make in an air fryer, you don’t have to limit yourself to just salmon. Everything comes out juicer and crisper after it has been in your air fryer basket.
Are Air Fryers Hard To Clean?
The clean-up is very minimal. Rinsing out the nonstick basket with soap and water is about as hard as it gets.
More Air Fryer Recipes
- Air Fryer Apple Pie Chimichangas
- Air Fryer French Toast Sticks
- Air Fryer Caribbean Spiced Chicken
- Air Fryer Pickles
- Crispy Air Fryer Parmesan Chickpeas
- Air Fryer Fish Nuggets
- Air Fryer Cherry Pies
- Air Fryer Bang Bang Shrimp
- Air Fryer Chex Mix
- Air Fryer S’mores Egg Rolls
- Air Fryer Bagels
Air Fryer Maple Glazed Salmon
How to Make Air Fryer Glazed Salmon:
- In a large zip-top bag, add maple syrup, soy sauce, garlic powder and pepper. Close the bag and shake to make sure everything gets combined. Open the bag to add in the salmon fillets. Place the bag in the fridge for 30 minutes to marinate.1/3 cup maple syrup, 3 tbsps low-sodium soy sauce, 1/2 tsp garlic powder, 1/2 tsp coarsely ground black pepper
- Remove salmon from the bag and place fillets in the air fryer basket; save the marinade. Set the air fryer to 375°F for 8 minutes.1 lb salmon fillets
- After 4 minutes, brush some of the marinade onto each salmon fillet, close, and let the salmon finish cooking. Discard any leftover marinade.
- Serve immediately.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.