S’mores Pretzel Bites are conveniently made in the oven and can be stored for up to a week. No need to wait for the perfect summer evening or weather to make a batch.
S’mores Pretzel Bites
In my home, I take my title as chief s’more officer (CSO) seriously. I build the fire in the fire pit, I gather the ingredients and usually narrow down several types of s’mores possibilities to try out that evening. While the classic s’more is always on the menu, some variances might include, a cookies n’ cream version or mint chocolate chip s’mores made with mint chocolate and a chocolate graham cracker. There are so many possibilities to throw together.
However, outdoor s’mores cooking is not always a possibility and that’s where s’mores pretzel bites come into play. Not only can you make fifty of them at a time, they also keep fresh for up to a week in a tightly sealed container. This make-ahead version makes them the perfect dessert to take to your next outdoor gathering.
Even with s’mores pretzel bites there are variations for every palate. This peanut butter version of a s’mores pretzel bite is about the best idea I’ve seen and quite honestly can’t get my mind off of. In fact, you could easily split up the batch, making some with peanut butter and some without. It’s a win-win for everyone.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Ingredients for S’mores Pretzel Bites
- square pretzels – often called pretzel snaps on the bag are the perfect bite-sized pretzels for theses s’mores.
- regular sized round marshmallows – not the minis and not the giant sized square marshmallows
- melting chocolates – semi-sweet melting wafers are the easiest to use when it comes to dipping
- graham crackers – make sure to pulverize in your food processor or purchase already graham crackers
How To Make S’mores Pretzel Bites
Step One: Place baking rack in the middle of the oven and preheat to 350°F.
Step Two: Line your baking sheet with a silicone baking mat or parchment paper.
Step Three: Arrange fifty pretzels in a single layer on the baking sheet, leaving about 2″ between each pretzel. Place half a marshmallow on top of each pretzel.
Step Four: Place baking sheet in the oven and bake until the marshmallows begin to brown. Oven times may vary, but I watched carefully for about 10 minutes.
Step Five: Remove pretzels from the oven and top each one with a second pretzel, allowing to cool for a couple of minutes.
Step Six: Melt chocolate according to package directions.
Step Seven: Dip each marshmallow pretzel into the chocolate about halfway and place onto a lined baking sheet.
Step Eight: Sprinkle crushed graham crackers crumbs over each pretzel bite while the chocolate is still wet.
Why Is It Called a S’mores?
S’more is a contraction of the phrase “some more”.
The first mention of a s’more, which is a nod to its addictive ingredients, was found in a girl scout training manual published in 1927, where they just called them “some mores”.
Originally s’mores were referred to as a graham cracker sandwich.
How Long Will It Take For These S’mores to Set Up?
At room temperature, about 70 degrees F, it takes about thirty minutes for the chocolate to set completely.
For a more rapid result, pop them in the fridge for about ten minutes.
How Long Can I Store These For?
Place them in an airtight container for up to a week.
Can I Use Other Pretzel Shapes?
The small twist pretzels will also work, but if your after presentation, the uniformity of the square shaped pretzels look the best.
Please join our NOBLE PIG FACEBOOK GROUP for a more in depth look at recipes, cooking tips and other member contributions.
S'mores Pretzel Bites
- 100 pretzel snaps (square pretzels)
- 25 regular sized marshmallows, cut in half
- 8 oz semi-sweet melting chocolate (dark is ok too)
- 3 graham cracker sheets, finely crushed or pulverized
- Place baking rack in the middle of the oven and preheat to 350°F.
- Line your baking sheet with a silicone baking mat or parchment paper.
- Arrange fifty pretzels in a single layer on the baking sheet, leaving about 2" between each pretzel.
- Place half a marshmallow on top of each pretzel.
- Place baking sheet in the oven and bake until the marshmallows begin to brown. Oven times may vary, but I watched carefully for about 10 minutes.
- Remove pretzels from the oven and top each one with a second pretzel, allowing to cool for a couple of minutes.
- Melt chocolate according to package directions.
- Dip each marshmallow pretzel into the chocolate about halfway and place onto a lined baking sheet.
- Sprinkle crushed graham crackers crumbs over each pretzel bite while the chocolate is still wet.
If you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #NOBLEPIG on INSTAGRAM so we can see what you’ve made. FOLLOW Noble Pig ON FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER to keep up with all our latest recipes.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.