Since I am truly a dedicated pickle lover, these Dill Pickle Chicken Salad Croissants have become a fast favorite. It’s perfect for lunch or a light dinner and keeps for several days in the fridge. I promise you are going to love the flavor.
If you need a new idea for lunch this week, you’ve hit the jackpot with these Dill Pickle Chicken Salad Croissants. Who wouldn’t love a buttery croissant stuffed with chicken salad that is loaded with crisp pickles? I can’t think of anyone either. Plus, am I the only one always asking myself, “what can I make with canned chicken anyway?”
As many of you know I’m a dill pickle fanatic. If you’ve made my Dill Pickle Soup or my Dill Pickle Dip then you already understand my obsession. However, have you made my Dill Pickle Butter? That’s how you know you’ve joined me over the edge. I don’t even know when my pickle obsession started, but I know it’s not going away anytime soon.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy here.
This lovely recipe came straight out of my friend Mary’s stunning new cookbook. I have been cooking from these pages ever since it arrived. Who else loves a cookbook with simple ingredients and that has a picture with every recipe? Me.
This is Mary’s second book. She’s kind of a big deal. If anyone remembers, I shared this recipe from her last book and it is still a very popular recipe on my site. I can’t tell you how often my family requests it for dinner. I hope you’ve given it a try.
Here are some shots I took directly from the book and are on my list to make next. The only reason I haven’t gotten to them is because I’ve made this Dill Pickle Chicken Salad four times since this book arrived. There are Chipotle Lime Shrimp Bowls, Blackberry, Bacon and Egg Salad with Maple Dijon Vinaigrette, Savory French Toast Bake and Grandma’s Waffles with Waffle Sauce. And these are only a few of the beautiful dishes you will find in The Weekday Lunches and Breakfasts Cookbook. Most of the recipes have blown my mind.
It’s amazing what a huge impact a few simple ingredients can have. Yes, I’m looking at you pickles.
All mixed up and ready to eat.
Feel free to use a knife and fork if you want.
If you are currently eating a low carb diet, scoop this chicken salad into a half of an avocado for the perfect meal.
We all love a good lunch sandwich and there are so many to choose the decision can become daunting. This Pesto Tuna Baguette and Feta Cheese Sandwich with Herbs both sound like a delicious choice. A “Fried” Bologna Sandwich reminds me of being a kid. And I certainly wouldn’t mind making a High Maintenance Egg Salad Sandwich. Which one would you choose?
Eight years I posted a recipe for Root Beer Short Ribs. If you haven’t made them, give them a try. I made this Shrimp and Cannellini Salad with Oregano-Chive Vinaigrette nine years ago and it’s still my favorite lunch salad.
Have you joined our private Facebook group yet? I want to see you there!
Dill Pickle Chicken Salad Croissants
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 Tablespoon pickle juice
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3/4 teaspoon dried dill
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated garlic or garlic powder
- 3 cups cooked chicken, chopped into 1/2-inch pieces, about 1/2 of a large rotisserie chicken
- 3 large dill pickles, diced into tiny 1/8" pieces, about 1-1/2 cups
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced, about 1/4 cup
- 5-6 croissants or bread of your choice
- green leaf lettuce, baby spinach, arugula (optional)
- In a medium bowl, combine mayonnaise, pickle juice, pepper, salt, dill and garlic. Add the chicken, pickles and onions. Stir well until all is combined. ( you can place in the fridge at this point or serve immediately.)
- Split croissants in half. Layer greens on one half of the croissant and scoop the chicken salad over the greens. Top with the second half of the croissant and serve.
- The chicken salad will keep in the refrigerator for several days.
If you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #NOBLEPIG on INSTAGRAM so we can see what you’ve made. FOLLOW Noble Pig ON FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER to keep up with all our latest recipes.