The cheese stuffed tortellini, Parmesan and fresh mozzarella are the triple threat trifecta of this Pepperoni Pizza Pasta Salad. It's perfect cheesy goodness! See this recipe MADE ON VIDEO HERE.
I am so excited to share this delicious recipe with you. If you and your family love pepperoni pizza (like we do over here), then you are in for a real treat. And I have to say, we like a few toppings with our pepperoni pizza too. How about you, do you prefer straight pepperoni with your cheese, or do you add a few fun things to your pizza pie?
I have been known to make FUN things with pepperoni, like these Pepperoni Pizza Baked Eggs or these Mini Pepperoni Pizza Pancakes come to mind. It's so easy to get creative with pepperoni, there are just so many things to make.
I decided on using cheese tortellini as the pasta in this recipe as it's really the perfect canvas. It's like having a cheese stuffed pizza crust as your base. Win-win.
Like with all pasta salads, they just get better as they sit overnight and the flavors start melding together. Every bite is full of deliciousness.
I can't think of something else I'd rather be eating.
Pepperoni Pizza Pasta Salad
- 16 oz dried cheese tortellini pasta
- 1/2 cup Italian dressing
- 1 large green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 cup finely shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 (5 oz) bag mini pepperoni slices
- 1 (3.8 oz) can sliced black olives
- 12 oz fresh mozzarella balls
- 1 Tablespoon red pepper flakes
- 2 Tablespoons finely sliced fresh basil
- Prepare tortellini pasta according to package directions. Once cooked, pour pasta into a colander and rinse with cold water. Once cool transfer to a large bowl and gently toss pasta with Italian dressing. Add bell pepper, Parmesan cheese, pepperoni, olives, mozzarella, red pepper flakes and basil. Toss until all ingredients are fully combined.
- Cover tightly and refrigerate for at least six hours. (Before serving, taste and toss with more Italian dressing if you think it needs it.)
There are so many fun, pizza inspired recipes out there. I often make these Hawaiian Pizza Grilled Cheese Sandwiches for a weekend lunch. But it might be this Meat Lover's Pizza Casserole that catches your eye. It's hard not to love a 4 Layer Pizza Dip or these Easy Pizza Sliders for a quick snack or meal. If a fun side dish is what you need, these Pizza Potatoes are for you! But I wouldn't blame you if you chose this Pull Apart Cheesy Pizza Bread or these Sausage Pizza Pot Pies instead.
Two Years Ago: Creamy Roasted Red Pepper Goat Cheese and Avocado Crostini