This version of Bacon Ranch Pasta Salad is not only perfect for your next bring-a-dish gathering, it’s also one of the best weeknight solutions when a simple, but delicious side dish is necessary. This creamy pasta salad is a summer favorite, but is happily enjoyed year-round with any meal.
Bacon Ranch Tortellini Salad
A good pasta salad can be as simple as boiling water and tossing in a few key ingredients. This creamy pasta salad is no exception.
This recipe is loaded with cheesy, pillowy tortellini and crispy bacon, which makes it everyone’s favorite.
This tortellini salad keeps well so making a double batch to eat for no-cook lunches throughout the week is a no-brainer. Everyone from your kids to your mother-in-law is going to love this version of cheese tortellini pasta salad.
Ingredients for Tortellini Pasta Salad
There’s a very good chance you have most of these ingredients in your kitchen already.
tortellini – feel free to use frozen or refrigerated tortellini, dry tortellini can also be used if that’s what you have on hand
bacon – use regular bacon, not a flavored variety such as maple or pepper bacon
cherry tomatoes – grape tomatoes also work well
peas – frozen peas work best and are preferred over canned
ranch dressing – you can make your own, but for a quick meal, use your favorite bottled version
cheddar cheese – feel free to use sharp, medium or regular cheddar
GET THE FULL (PRINTABLE) BACON RANCH TORTELLINI SALAD RECIPE BELOW. ENJOY!
- Use classic-cut bacon as opposed to thick-cut bacon for the best texture.
- Frozen peas give the best texture, but canned can be used in a pinch. If you decide to use fresh peas, make sure to cook them first.
- Use the whole green onion/scallion, the white and green parts for the best flavor.
- I like to chill the salad for a bit before serving, but it’s not necessary. Chilling can cause the pasta to soak up a lot of the dressing so feel free to add more if necessary. This is especially true if you make it the day before serving.
More Pasta Salad Recipes
Whether it’s a summer picnic, potluck, or barbecue — these easy and delicious pasta salads will be your go-tos.
- Italian Pasta Salad
- Greek Pasta Salad
- Pepperoni Pizza Pasta Salad
- Chicken Macaroni Salad
- Mama’s Pasta Salad
- Antipasto Pasta Salad
IF YOU DO MAKE SOMETHING FROM NOBLEPIG, IT WOULD BE GREAT TO SEE HOW YOURS TURNED OUT! TAG @NOBLEPIG ON INSTAGRAM WITH YOUR CREATION. DON’T FORGET TO RATE THIS RECIPE AND LEAVE A COMMENT BELOW. ALSO FOLLOW ALONG ON INSTAGRAM, PINTEREST, FACEBOOK AND TWITTER FOR LOTS OF FOOD INSPIRATION AND A PEEK INTO EVERYDAY LIFE.
Bacon Ranch Tortellini Salad
- 20 oz frozen or refrigerated tortellini, cooked and drained
- 10 strips bacon
- 1 cup cherry or grape tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 3/4 cup ranch dressing
- 4 oz shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 green onions, sliced
- Bring a salted pot of water to a boil and cook tortellini according to the packaging directions. Drain pasta and place it in a large mixing bowl.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook bacon until crispy. Transfer bacon to a paper towel-lined plate and allow to cool. Once cooled, crumble into bite-size pieces and add to tortellini.
- Add tomatoes, peas, ranch dressing, cheese, green onions to the tortellini and stir to combine.
- Place in an airtight container and refrigerate until ready to serve.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.