Pickle de Gallo – a tangy twist on the classic, this dill pickle salsa packs a puckering punch. This briny, garlicky, dip is great for dunking tortilla chips or used as a spread on burgers or sandwiches.
Dill Pickle Salsa
Move over, regular salsa, pickle de gallo is the “new” life of the fiesta. If you’re a pickle fan like me, you’ve probably already indulged in my dill pickle soup and dill pickle dip. And while they are both amazing, this pickle de gallo is also a favorite.
This unique appetizer is a guiltless snack that takes only minutes to put together. I love scooping it up with tortilla chips, but it’s especially flavorful as a condiment on a burger.
Bringing the boldness of pickles to the salsa game leaves a lasting impression and keeps you coming back for more. This salsa is something you’re going to want in your refrigerator at all times.
Why You’re Going to Love This Pickle Salsa
Brace yourself for the tang and explosive flavor of dill pickle salsa—a dip so addictive, it’ll have you reaching for chip after chip in pickle paradise. Really.
- It barely takes 10 minutes to make.
- You love pickles.
- Very low calorie!
- Taste fresh.
Recipe Notes for Pickle de Gallo
- This pickle de gallo goes great with pita or tortilla chips or your favorite crackers.
- If you’re making for a gathering, I highly suggest doubling this recipe, it always disappears.
- I prefer my pickle salsa in bigger chunks, but you can dice everything even finer if you prefer it that way.
- Feel free to adjust any of the ingredients by adding more or less of anything.
- Stick with fresh jalapeños as opposed to pickles, the fresh provide a better crunch and taste for this recipe.
- This salsa goes so well with grilled fish, mix with mayo and serve as a tarter sauce.
- Add black beans and corn for another unique salsa flavor to serve with tortilla chips.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container and keep in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
More Mouthwatering Pickle Recipes to Pickle Your Taste Buds
- Dill pickle chicken salad, ideal for a refreshing lunch or a dinner.
- The best pickle sandwich you’ll ever eat.
- Move over mayo, this dill pickle butter is all you need for your next sandwich.
- It’s time to embrace the epicness of a dill pickle bacon bloody mary and declare it the ultimate triumph of flavor-packed indulgence.
- Dill pickle popcorn is a must for movie night.
- Dill pickle pizza, get it in the oven.
When your dill pickle enthusiasm hits and you’ve got this salsa in a bowl, snap a photo and tag @NOBLEPIG and #noblepig on INSTAGRAM. I want to see pictures of your flavor-fiesta.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
How to Make Dill Pickle Salsa
Pickle de Gallo - Dill Pickle Salsa
Pickle de Gallo - Dill Pickle Salsa
- 1 cup pickles, chopped (reserve 1/2 cup of the pickle juice)
- 3/4 cup yellow onion or sweet onion, chopped
- 3/4 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 1-2` tbsps. fresh jalapenos, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tbsps. fresh lime juice
- 1/4 tsp table salt
- With a spoon, scrape the seeds out of the pickles and discard.1 cup pickles, chopped (reserve 1/2 cup of the pickle juice)
- Slice pickles in half and chop. Place into a medium-sized bowl.
- Chop onions, peppers and jalapenos to the same size as the pickles.3/4 cup yellow onion or sweet onion, chopped, 3/4 cup red bell pepper, chopped, 1-2` tbsps. fresh jalapenos, finely chopped
- Add garlic, lime juice and salt to the pickle mixture. Add as much of the reserved pickle juice as you prefer.1 clove garlic, finely chopped, 2 tbsps. fresh lime juice, 1/4 tsp table salt
- This can be served immediately or covered and placed in the refrigerator. The flavors really come together once chilled overnight.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.