When it comes to Thanksgiving dessert ideas for a crowd, this Pecan Pie Cobbler is the answer to your holiday dessert dreams. There is something amazing about taking the simplicity of cobbler and turning it into the richness of pecan pie.
Unlike traditional pecan pie, this dessert is also egg free, making it the perfect choice for anyone needing to avoid them.
Easy Pecan Pie Cobbler Recipe
For a lot of us, the Thanksgiving day meal is actually all about the sweets and this Pecan Pie Cobbler is no exception. In fact, there are so many delicious apple desserts, yummy pumpkin recipes and holiday dessert cocktails to choose from it can be really hard to decide which ones to make.
If you’re finding it hard narrowing down what to serve for Thanksgiving dessert, just remember there is no such thing as “too much dessert” so enjoy accordingly.
Still Looking For Thanksgiving Dessert Ideas? Try these:
- Upside Down Apple Pie
- The Best Pumpkin Cheesecake
- Sweet Potato Pie with Marshmallow Meringue
- Pecan Cream Pie Lush
- Pecan Pie Bars
Confession…when you take your first bite of this traditional pecan pie alternative you just might cry a few happy tears. It’s just that good!
In fact, this dessert might become something you serve year round instead of only during the holiday season.
Pecan pie cobbler is also a good answer to serving Thanksgiving dessert for a crowd. You can easily bake two of these on separate racks in the oven at the same time. That would serve twenty-four people.
How To Make Easy Pecan Pie Cobbler
This is truly one of the easiest cobblers you will ever make and the resulting dessert is one of the best you’ll ever taste. Why bother going to the trouble of making pie?
Here’s an overview of the process.
- Make the batter using the ingredients listed.
- Melt the butter in the baking dish in the preheated oven. This warms the pan also.
- Begin boiling the water to use as the last step of the recipe.
- Once butter is melted (and water is boiling) remove the pan from the oven and pour in the previously made batter. Stir to combine the melted butter and batter (it won’t completely come together but mix together as much as possible).
- Sprinkle the batter with pecans, brown sugar and toffee bits.
- Slowly pour boiling water over the top of the batter while trying to not disturb the other ingredients as much as possible.
- Bake uncovered, until set, about 30-35 minutes.
- Cool 30 minutes on a wire rack before serving. The cobbler will thicken as it cools down.
- Top individual servings with ice cream or whipped topping.
Recipe Tips For Easy Pecan Pie Cobbler
- Make sure to whisk the dry ingredients well, distributing the baking evenly throughout the mixture.
- Warming the pan in the oven to melt the butter and boiling the water simultaneously ensures everything is hot at the same time.
- Cool cobbler for a full 30 minutes before serving, allowing the juices to gel together and thicken.
- Serve warm for the best flavor.
Easy Pecan Pie Cobbler
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Stir in milk and vanilla until combined into a batter. Set aside.
- (Start boiling water for use at the end.)
- Add cubed butter to a 9 x 13 baking pan and place in the oven to melt and warm up the pan. (about 3-5 minutes)
- Remove pan from oven and add batter. Sprinkle with pecans, brown sugar and toffee bits.
- Slowly pour the boiling water over the top.
- Bake uncovered until cobbler is set, about 30-35 minutes.
- Remove from oven and place on a wire rack to cool for 30 minutes. The cobbler will thicken as it cools down.
If you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #NOBLEPIG on INSTAGRAM so we can see what you’ve made. FOLLOW Noble Pig ON FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER to keep up with all our latest recipes.