When you don’t have time to pound out chicken breasts, make red sauce and shred several kinds of cheese, but still want a to make and serve a comfort meal, this Simple Chicken Tenderloin Parmesan is for you. It’s one of the best uses of chicken tenders for a family favorite dinner recipe.
Parmesan Chicken Tenderloins
Everyone loves chicken Parmesan, but who has time on a weeknight to prepare all the things necessary to make it happen. I came up with an alternative, quick method for chicken Parm when my boys were young and sport’s practice was on the agenda every night. This is one of those recipes you can easily throw together when you are very short on time. With only 15 minutes to prep and another 15 or so to cook, dinner is on the table quick!
The only thing you really have to remember is to take the chicken out of the freezer in the morning! That’s it.
Making chicken Parmesan has never been so easy and this recipe is perfect for younger palettes.
Ingredients To Make Simple Parmesan Chicken Tenderloins
It doesn’t take many ingredients to get this delicious dinner on the table.
- Italian seasoned bread crumbs – since these are already seasoned salt and pepper are not necessary in this recipe.
- egg – one large egg or two medium sized eggs will do
- chicken tenderloin – using tenderloin means this is going to cook quickly and be ready
- marinara sauce – the thicker the better for the best result
- olive oil
- shredded cheese – mozzarella is best or any other Italian cheese
- fresh basil leaves
How Do You Get Baked Chicken Crispy?
It can be difficult to get crispy baked chicken in the oven when you have such a short cooking time.
With this particular recipe I bread the chicken and then fry it quickly, 1-2 minutes before placing it in the oven with the marinara sauce.
This method ensures a a crunchy bite.
How To Make Easy Chicken Parmesan
There is no wrong way to make this recipe and feel free to tweak it to your families likes. I promise it will be a family favorite dinner for years to come. It’s also a simple recipe for college students to make in their apartments.
After you’ve preheated the oven add the seasoned bread crumbs to a shallow bowl or dish. Dip each tenderloin in egg, shaking off any excess. Coat with bread crumbs and place on a plate.
Add marinara sauce to an 11 x 7 baking pan. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add half of the tenderloins, cooking on each side 1-2 minutes or until slightly golden. Remove and place in baking pan on top of marinara. Repeat with second batch of chicken.
Place one basil leave on top of each tenderloin and sprinkle cheese evenly over the pan. Bake for 15 minutes and serve immediately.
Serve with a side of pasta and a green salad for the perfect, quick and easy meal.
GET THE FULL (PRINTABLE) CHICKEN TENDERLOIN PARMESAN RECIPE BELOW. ENJOY!
Other Kid-Friendly Meals For a Busy School Night
Busy on-the-go school nights need quick dinner recipes for crazy nights filled with sports practice, music lessons and homework.
- Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas
- Simple Chicken and Snow Pea Stir-Fry
- Simple Chicken Tenderloin Piccata
- Sheet Pan Pork Chops
- Instant Pot Pulled Pork
Only 15 minutes in the oven and it’s baked to perfection.
The whole pan of chicken will disappear, I promise.
FYI: Please join our NOBLE PIG FACEBOOK GROUP for a more in depth look at recipes, cooking tips and other member contributions.
IF YOU DO MAKE SOMETHING FROM NOBLEPIG, IT WOULD BE GREAT TO SEE HOW YOURS TURNED OUT! TAG @NOBLEPIG ON INSTAGRAM WITH YOUR CREATION. DON’T FORGET TO RATE THIS RECIPE AND LEAVE A COMMENT BELOW. ALSO FOLLOW ALONG ON INSTAGRAM, PINTEREST, FACEBOOK AND TWITTER FOR LOTS OF FOOD INSPIRATION AND A PEEK INTO EVERYDAY LIFE.
Simple Chicken Tenderloin Parmesan
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Add bread crumbs to a shallow bowl. Dip tenderloins in egg, shaking off any excess. Coat with bread crumbs and place on a plate.
- Add marinara sauce to an 11 x 7 baking pan. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add half of the tenderloins, cooking on each side 1-2 minutes or until slightly golden. Remove and place in baking pan on top of marinara. Repeat with second batch of chicken.
- Place one basil leave on top of each tenderloin and sprinkle cheese evenly over the pan. Bake for 15 minutes and serve immediately.
- Serve with a side of pasta and a green salad for the perfect, quick and easy meal.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.