Strawberry pizza is a delightfully colorful twist on a simple-to-assemble, light and airy fruit galette. One bite of this eye catching dessert and you’ll know you need to make it again soon.
Strawberry Dessert Pizza Recipe
At its simplest, strawberry pizza is a three-part operation, built on a sugar cookie crust, cream cheese filling and topped with the most delicious glaze and sweet strawberries…of course!
Dessert pizza is easy to put together and impressive enough for a dinner party or any type of celebration where sweet treats are a must. Think of this pizza as a more-fun version of a classic fruit tart.
This dessert is a true showstopper and one of the best ways to use up spring and summer produce!
Strawberry Pizza Ingredients
Feel free to make and use your favorite cookie dough recipe if you choose. Using pre-made cookie dough is a real timesaver for this recipe.
sugar cookie dough: Any brand of sugar cookie dough in a tube will work for this recipe. Be sure to set the tube of dough out 5-10 minutes ahead to allow time to soften so you can press the dough easily into a baking pan.
fresh strawberries: Strawberries are the centerpiece of this delicious treat so keep your eye out for very red, firm strawberries in the produce section.
granulated sugar: Sugar is the sweetener for this glaze.
lemon: Lemon juice is used in the glaze to balance the sweetness and in the cream cheese filling to balance and elevate the flavor profile of the cream cheese.
cornstarch: A thickener for the glaze.
strawberry gelatin: Any brand of strawberry gelatin can be used for this yummy treat. The gelatin creates a thickness and jelly-like consistency.
water: Provides additional liquidity for the gelatin.
kosher salt: elevates the flavor and rounds out the sweet and sourness of the strawberry glaze.
cream cheese: Traditional, full-fat cream cheese is my choice here. You can use reduced-fat cream cheese if you prefer. Be sure to set out the cheese early, allowing it time to soften.
confectioners’ sugar: Adds sweetness to the cream cheese filling.
pure vanilla extract: Flavor booster.
white chocolate chips: The perfect garnish for this dessert pizza. Feel free to use semi-sweet or dark chocolate chips if you prefer.
GET THE FULL (PRINTABLE) STRAWBERRY PIZZA RECIPE BELOW. ENJOY!
Selecting the Best Strawberries
Strawberries do not continue to ripen after harvest so how they look initially is extremely important.
Color is everything when it comes to picking strawberries. Whiteness around the stems indicates the strawberries were not picked at peak ripeness. Look for berries that are brilliant red with minimal discoloration. The brighter red, the sweeter the strawberry.
Smaller-sized strawberries tend to be juicier and more flavorful than larger ones. A larger strawberry contains more water, which ultimately dilutes the flavor.
Always check the bottom of the container to see if the inside paper on the bottom of the container is stained. Staining may indicate some of the berries are overripe and won’t last long.
Strawberry caps should be a bright green color. Brown-dried out caps indicate berries have been sitting in the store for a while and should be avoided.
Storing Strawberry Pizza
Store in the refrigerator using an airtight container for up to 3 days.
This is one of those recipes that can be easily changed up and adapted to seasonal fruit and flavors.
You can use any flavor gelatin and fruit to make the glaze. And any seasonal fruit to top it with.
- kiwi fruit
- mandarin oranges
- apples and drizzle caramel instead of white chocolate
How To Melt Chocolate Chips
Place chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl and begin heating in the microwave for 30 seconds. Remove bowl from the microwave and stir and repeat for another 30 seconds and stir. Repeat again if you have to. The bowl will be hot so be careful.
Fill a saucepan with 2 inches of water and bring to a boil on the stove. Place another, smaller, heat-safe bowl on top of the saucepan. Place chocolate in bowl and mix frequently, guaranteeing that all chocolate melts consistently; about 2 minutes.
- You will need two (16-ounce) containers of strawberries to adequately make the glaze and strawberry slices for the top of the pizza.
- One large lemon should provide enough juice for this recipe.
- Hulling the strawberries (removing the white inside) used for the glaze will render a beautiful strawberry red color.
- Keep strawberry pizza refrigerated when not being eaten.
More Favorite Strawberry Desserts
These bursting-with-berries sweets are too delicious to pass up.
- Easy Strawberry Shortcake Recipe
- Strawberry Shortcake Cookies
- Strawberry Froyo
- Strawberry Banana Dessert
- Lemon Strawberry Pound Cake
- Strawberry Chocolate Chip Ice Cream Cake
- Strawberry Yogurt Muffins
- Strawberry Mousse
- Strawberry Lemonade Pie
IF YOU DO MAKE SOMETHING FROM NOBLEPIG, IT WOULD BE GREAT TO SEE HOW YOURS TURNED OUT! TAG @NOBLEPIG ON INSTAGRAM WITH YOUR CREATION. DON’T FORGET TO RATE THIS RECIPE AND LEAVE A COMMENT BELOW. ALSO FOLLOW ALONG ON INSTAGRAM, PINTEREST, FACEBOOK AND TWITTER FOR LOTS OF FOOD INSPIRATION AND A PEEK INTO EVERYDAY LIFE.
ALSO, PLEASE CONSIDER LEAVING A COMMENT WITH A RATING, IT’S HELPS OTHERS SO MUCH!
- 1 (16 oz) package of refrigerated cookie dough, softened
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, hulled and quartered
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tsps fresh lemon juice
- 1-1/2 tsps cornstarch
- 2 tsps strawberry gelatin
- 3 tbsps bottled or filtered water
- 1/8 tsp kosher salt
- 1 (8 oz) block cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 1/4 cup white chocolate chips, melted
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Press sugar cookie dough into a 9 x 13-inch rimmed baking sheet. Use a piece of wax paper to press the dough evenly onto the pan. Bake dough for 13-15 minutes until just golden brown. (Do not overbake.) Allow to cool on a cooling rack for about 30 minutes or until cookie crust reaches room temperature.
- To make strawberry glaze, add prepared strawberries to a small mixing bowl and mash them with a fork or potato masher. Next, add mashed strawberries to a medium saucepan along with sugar, lemon juice, cornstarch, gelatin, water and salt. Bring to a slow boil over medium heat while stirring continuously. Cook for about 5 minutes or until the strawberry sauce is thick. Remove from heat and pour into in a clean bowl. Allow strawberry glaze to cool to room temperature. About 30 minutes.
- To make strawberry pizza filling, use a hand mixer and medium-sized mixing bowl to blend softened cream cheese, confectioners' sugar, lemon juice, and vanilla extract. Use a rubber spatula to scrape down the side of the bowl to ensure all of the sugar has been incorporated into the cream cheese. Once blended, place the cream cheese mixture into the refrigerator while the other ingredients cool to room temperature.
- Once cookie crust and glaze have cooled to room temperature, use an icing spatula or rubber spatula to spread cream cheese filling over the top of the cookie surface.
- Then using a clean spatula, spread strawberry glaze over the cream cheese layer. Add a layer of sliced strawberries in rows across the surface of the strawberry glaze. Finally, drizzle melted white chocolate across the sliced strawberries. Refrigerate for 20 minutes to allow time for the strawberry pizza to set.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.