Taco Dip at its most pure and basic form. With ten ingredients – there’s plenty of room for customization (swap in – swap out). Overall, this dip is a minimum effort, maximum impact recipe.
Treat your taste buds with these flavorful party dip recipes. Everyone will love these easy party dip recipes, from last minute chili dip, skinny taco dip and everyone’s favorite dill pickle dip.
Easy Baked Taco Dip Recipe
Some of us go to Super Bowl parties for the game, and then there are those who are there for the food (that’s me!). Inspired by classic taco dip, this is the warm and cheesy bean dip that will win over both sides of the party.
This version takes the three best layers of any taco dip — the beans, cheese, and salsa — and brings them together in one warm game day appetizer. It’s hearty, a little indulgent, and, depending on the salsa you choose, spicy.
With the help of several staple ingredients, you can easily make this impressive appetizer loaded with the perfect amount of texture and big flavor. Hopefully this recipe gives you the inspiration to turn a basic bean, cheese, or yogurt dip into the MVP of the Super Bowl spread.
Ingredients for Baked Taco Dip
- refried beans
- chili con carne – this should be NO BEAN chili con carne
- salsa – use jarred salsa, any spice level – fresh salsa would be too watery
- black olives – buy already chopped or chop them yourself
- diced green chiles – you can also use diced jalapenos for a spicier version
- ground cumin
- cream cheese – full fat is best
- sour cream – full fat is also best
- Monterey Jack cheese – or any cheese you prefer
- green onions – green and white parts
How To Make Baked Taco Dip
Step one: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Step two: Evenly spread refried beans in the bottom of an 8 x 8 or 9 x 9 pan.
Step three: In a large nonstick skillet, over medium heat, warm the chili con carne, cream cheese, sour cream and cumin until fully melted and incorporated. Remove from heat and layer over the refried beans.
Step four: Add salsa, olives and green chiles, topping with cheese. Bake for twenty minutes or until heated through and the cheese is melted and bubbly.
Step five: Sprinkle with green onions and serve immediately with your favorite chips.
What Substitutions/Additions Can I Make?
- jalapeno peppers instead of diced green chiles
- fresh lime juice
- use any cheese you like
- you could leave the sour cream out of the con carne/cream cheese mixture and make it it’s own layer
Can I Make This Recipe Ahead of Time?
Make it a day ahead of time, cover and refrigerate. Do not add the green onions until after baking.
Leave it on the counter an hour before baking, but it still might take a little longer than 20 minutes to bake since it will be somewhat cold.
To store, cover with aluminum foil or saran wrap and keep in the refrigerator for up to three or four days.
Other Dips You Might Enjoy
IF YOU DO MAKE SOMETHING FROM NOBLEPIG, IT WOULD BE GREAT TO SEE HOW YOURS TURNED OUT! TAG @NOBLEPIG ON INSTAGRAM WITH YOUR CREATION. DON’T FORGET TO RATE THIS RECIPE AND LEAVE A COMMENT BELOW. ALSO FOLLOW ALONG ON INSTAGRAM, PINTEREST, FACEBOOK AND TWITTER FOR LOTS OF FOOD INSPIRATION AND A PEEK INTO EVERYDAY LIFE.
Easy Baked Taco Dip
- 1 (15 oz) can refried beans
- 1 (14 oz) can chili con carne, no beans
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 8 oz sour cream
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin
- 1 cup jarred salsa (fresh will be too watery)
- 1 (4 oz) can chopped black olives
- 1 (4 oz) can diced green chiles
- 1-1/2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 green onions, sliced
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Evenly spread refried beans in the bottom of an 8 x 8 or 9 x 9 pan.
- In a large nonstick skillet, over medium heat, warm the chili con carne, cream cheese, sour cream and cumin until fully melted and incorporated. Remove from heat and layer over the refried beans.
- Add salsa, olives and green chiles, topping with cheese. Bake for twenty minutes or until heated through and the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Sprinkle with green onions and serve immediately with your favorite chips.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.