A perfect make-ahead dessert, this Peanut Butter-Chocolate Icebox Cake will everyone asking for a second slice. See this recipe MADE ON VIDEO HERE.
The weather is kind of dreamily perfect today. The sun is shining with a few high clouds and 79 degrees…only 79!! We have had an unusually hot and dry summer for Oregon. Everything is so dry and brown, the grass crunchy and brittle under my feet.
No one in Oregon really waters their lawn during the summertime, everything just kind of goes brown and immediately turns green once the rains return in the Fall. But right now the dust and the brown landscape kind of have me in a funk. I miss the lushness that is Oregon and I hope it returns soon. However, this Peanut Butter-Chocolate Icebox Cake does have a way of cheering you up.
No bake cakes have been abundant in my kitchen this summer. Even though the air conditioning hasn’t been turned off since May, it’s still nice not to turn on the oven if you don’t have to. And this cake, good grief it’s so, so delicious. I made it a few times and figured I better share it with all of you before this summer things disappears. But don’t worry, it will taste good in the wintertime too.
Did you know there are peanut butter filled Oreo cookies? I must be living under a rock because I had no idea until I stumbled across them a while back.
This cake is so easy to put together and even easier to make pretty.
I made the chocolate shaving with my potato peeler and a Hershey bar.
Refrigerating overnight softens all the cookies, making them into a perfect crust, with just the right amount of crunch.
I will warn you that it’s hard to be satisfied with just one piece. There are just too many layers of goodness in this cake.
Peanut Butter and Chocolate Icebox Cake
- 1 (3.4 oz) package instant vanilla pudding
- 1 (3.4 oz) package instant chocolate pudding
- 20 regular sized Nutter Butter cookies
- 1 (15.25 oz) package Peanut Butter stuffed Oreo cookies
- 1 (12 oz) tub Cool Whip topping, divided
- Reese's Oreo Minis
- Nutter Butter Bites
- chocolate sprinkles
- mini chocolate chips
- chocolate bar to make chocolate curls
- Prepare vanilla and chocolate pudding according to package directions. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Arrange regular sized Nutter Butter cookies on the bottom of a 9 x 13 baking pan. Completely cover the cookie layer with chocolate pudding and then a layer of half of the Cool Whip. Top with a layer of Oreo cookies and completely cover with vanilla pudding. Top with remaining Cool Whip topping.
- Garnish the top of the cake with mini Oreo and Nutter Butter cookies, chocolate sprinkles, mini chocolate chips and chocolate curls.
- Refrigerate overnight in the coldest part of your refrigerator before serving.
Other No Bake Recipes You Might Enjoy:
- 20 Amazing No Bake Icebox Desserts
- No Bake Pumpkin Shortbread Bars
- No Bake Hawaiian Dream Dessert Cups
- No Bake S’mores Cheesecake