Mozzarella Pepperoni Pizza Sticks made with egg roll wrappers are crunchy on the outside with gooey cheese and pepperoni on the inside. These are a fun appetizer for any party.
Mozzarella Pizza Sticks
Who doesn’t love fried mozzarella sticks? These gooey, cheesy bites are too often left to be enjoyed as a restaurant appetizer only. But, did you know they are so simple to make at home?
I’ve added pepperoni to my mozzarella sticks, which has put them on a pedestal in all the best ways.
Serve these cheesy sticks with my ultimate pizza sauce for the best taste.
While these are a good appetizer anytime of year, they are especially appreciated on game day, family game night or a very cold, wet or snowy evening.
Wonton Mozzarella Sticks
It only takes a handful of ingredients to make these “egg roll” pizza sticks.
Wonton or egg roll wrappers – make sure they are the large sized squares and not the smaller version
Pepperoni – any flavor, spice level or brand works
String cheese – skim or whole milk versions are fine
Oil for frying – use a good quality high temperature oil such as avocado or peanut
Pizza sauce -for dipping or marinara
GET THE FULL (PRINTABLE) RECIPE FOR MOZZARELLA PEPPERONI PIZZA STICKS BELOW. ENJOY!
Bring string cheese to room temperature for the best melt. You can also pull the cheese apart in strings if you are concerned about the melting.
Make sure ends of egg roll wrappers are completely sealed
If not using a deep fryer that displays temperature, use a kitchen thermometer to make sure oil is the correct temperature when starting to fry. Frying these in oil that is too cool will not melt your cheese properly and require longer cooking times, which could lead to burning of the outside wrapper.
These are better fried than baked.
More Hot Appetizers
Everybody loves hot appetizers, and these bites will be a hit!
- 4-Layer Pizza Dip
- Cheesy Pepperoni Pizza Dip
- Hot Italian Dip
- Antipasto Squares
- Prosciutto and Fontina Stuffed Puff Pastry
- Italian Stuffed Mushrooms
- Hot Ricotta Dip
FYI: Please join our NOBLE PIG FACEBOOK GROUP for a more in depth look at recipes, cooking tips and other member contributions.
IF YOU DO MAKE SOMETHING FROM NOBLEPIG, IT WOULD BE GREAT TO SEE HOW YOURS TURNED OUT! TAG @NOBLEPIG ON INSTAGRAM WITH YOUR CREATION. DON’T FORGET TO RATE THIS RECIPE AND LEAVE A COMMENT BELOW. ALSO FOLLOW ALONG ON INSTAGRAM, PINTEREST, FACEBOOK AND TWITTER FOR LOTS OF FOOD INSPIRATION AND A PEEK INTO EVERYDAY LIFE.
Mozzarella Pepperoni Pizza Sticks ~ Made Easy + VIDEO
- 36 slices of pepperoni
- 12 large egg roll wrappers
- 12 pieces string cheese, room temperature
- oil for deep frying
- pizza sauce
- Place three pieces of pepperoni diagonally on top of an egg roll wrapper (as shown in the picture). Place a piece of string cheese on top. Fold corners over cheese. Fold bottom corner over cheese and pepperoni and keep rolling until cheese is tightly sealed. Moisten corners with water to seal. Repeat with the rest of wrappers, cheese and pepperoni.
- In a skillet, heat oil to 350 degrees F. Fry sticks, a few at a time, for 45-60 seconds on each side until completely brown. Drain on paper towels.
- Serve with warm pizza sauce.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.