A great barbecue taste that’s made right in the kitchen. These BLACK PEPPER and MOLASSES PULLED CHICKEN SANDWICHES have an undeniable smoky and sweetness taste you are going to love. Make them soon! See this recipe MADE ON VIDEO HERE.
These Black Pepper and Molasses Pulled Chicken Sandwiches are about the easiest weeknight dinner you could possibly throw together. Good taste and simplicity is what we need Monday through Friday and this meal fits into those parameters quite nicely.
I thought I was being clever and doubling this recipe, because who doesn’t need leftovers, however, my guys ate all of it in one sitting. They loved the flavors. The sauce has a great barbecue taste. The chili powder and cumin add a nice smokiness, while the ketchup and molasses add the sweetness.
The perfect side dish for this recipe is coleslaw and this Tennessee-Mustard Style Coleslaw goes together perfectly with this dish. However, The Best Homemade Sweet Potato Chips are also amazing when served with these sandwiches.
As you can see, the color of this sauce is outstanding and it tastes as good as it looks. Make it in your favorite saucepan.
The chicken cooks right in the sauce, which is such a time saver. Make sure your chicken is cut up into perfect bite-sized pieces.
This sandwich has always been destined to be served with a knife and fork. I mean, unless you place it nicely on the bun and it fits perfectly into the bun. I prefer to serve this a little messy and scoop up a bite with coleslaw and chips to make sure I get every last bit of sauce.
My kids ask for this dish time and time again. It’s one of their absolute favorites.
I can’t wait for you to try these, they have been a family favorite for years!
Chicken sandwiches are always a great quick and easy meal and here are some others you might enjoy. These Cheesy French Onion Chicken Sandwiches sound amazing. And who wouldn’t want to take The Ultimate Chicken-Chicken Salad Sandwiches on a picnic? These Hawaiian Chicken Sandwiches could be my next favorite. Open Faced Thai Chicken Sandwiches are one of my absolute favorite sandwiches on the planet. And this Apple Butter BBQ Chicken Sandwich is on my menu next week.
FYI: Please join our NOBLE PIG FACEBOOK GROUP for a more in depth look at recipes, cooking tips and other member contributions.
Black Pepper and Molasses Pulled Chicken Sandwiches
- 3 Tablespoons ketchup
- 1 Tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1 Tablespoon molasses
- 3/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon finely ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 12 oz skinless, boneless chicken thighs, cut into 2" piece cubes
- 4 (2 oz) sandwich rolls, cut in half horizontally
- dill pickle chips
- Combine first nine ingredients in a medium saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low; cover and cook, stirring occasionally, 23 minutes or until chicken is done and tender.
- Remove from heat; shred with 2 forks. Place 1/2 cup chicken on bottom half of each roll. Top with pickles and top half of roll.
- *Note: I doubled this recipe in the hopes of having leftovers but it was eaten up in one meal, go figure. However, it does double or triple nicely if that meets your needs!
If you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #NOBLEPIG on INSTAGRAM so we can see what you’ve made. FOLLOW Noble Pig ON FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER to keep up with all our latest recipes.