A delicious quick and easy meal, these Open Faced Thai Chicken Sandwiches are simple to put together. They are perfect for game night, brunch or a weeknight meal.
I have been craving this sandwich for weeks now. I’ve thought about it while driving, while washing dishes, doing laundry…you name it. Its funny how you can crave something you’ve never even had. Best part…my mint is still growing in the garden, that seems abnormal doesn’t it? I guess it’s been a mild winter.
Anyway, as soon as I made the chicken I just kept building and layering the bread with cucumbers, mint, green onions, roasted peanuts, cilantro and then a Chili-Garlic Mayo to top it off. It just all works together so nicely.
The best part, just use leftover rotisserie chicken and chop it up. It’s so, so easy you will make it all the time.
I brushed my rolls with olive oil and toasted them on the grill pan. You can toast your bread any way you like, just make sure you use something with a crusty outer layer and soft middle.
- Two Years Ago: Creamy Baked Leeks with Garlic, Thyme & Parmigiano
- Three Years Ago: Coconut Chicken Chile
- Four Years Ago: Banana Bread
Open Faced Thai Chicken Sandwiches
- 2 (6-inch) crusty rolls, sliced in half
- 1/4 cup olive oil, divided
- 3 cups rotisserie chicken, chopped in 1/2" pieces
- 1 Tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 Tablespoon grated fresh ginger root
- 1/2 cup hoisin sauce
- 1/4 cup salted, dry roasted peanuts
- 1/2 cup sliced cucumbers
- 1/3 cup fresh mint leaves
- 1/4 cup sliced green onion
- 1/8 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha
- 2 teaspoons chili garlic paste
- 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- Slice rolls in half and brush with 2 Tablespoons olive oil. Toast on a grill pan, in the toaster oven or in the oven.
- Add the remaining olive oil to a nonstick pan on medium heat. Add chicken, ginger, garlic and hoisin; saute for two minutes.
- Combine all ingredients for the chili-garlic mayonnaise in a small bowl. Place in a squeeze bottle. Set aside or refrigerate until use.
- Top toasted bread with chicken saute, peanuts, cucumber slices, mint, green onion and cilantro. Drizzle chili-garlic mayo over the top. Serve immediately.