Fresh Cherry-Berry Crumble

The Perfect Cherry Berry Crumble
Last Friday I received 10 pounds of fresh, sweet cherries on my doorstep! I am participating in the 10 lb Cherry Challenge (with 20+ other bloggers) sponsored by OXO and NW Cherry Growers. The point of the challenge is to see what you can make with 10 lbs of cherries. The short answer to that question is… a lot. You can really make a lot of things with 10 lbs of cherries. This is one of many cherry posts so get ready!

My first recipe is this gorgeous Fresh Cherry-Berry Crumble. I cannot even tell you how wonderful this tastes. I mixed raspberries with the cherries for the filling and made a topping you won’t be able to resist. Isn’t it adorable in these cute-little ramekins? I believe I got them at World Market many years ago.

Feel free to plop some vanilla ice cream right on top for an incredible summer dessert. And thank goodness for cherry pitters!

The Perfect Cherry Berry Crumble 10 lbs of cherries
This is what 10 lbs of cherries looks like, and let me tell you, they were some gorgeous cherries. Along with the fruit, I was also sent a set of these nesting bowls which have a colander and lid for each size. Honestly they are lovely, heavy in weight and so functional. I have been using them like crazy.

OXO sent over this 11 lb kitchen scale too. The one I had been using had only a 3 lb capacity so this was a real treat.

The Perfect Cherry Berry Crumble try to eat just one
I love that the cherry-berry mixture overflowed a little bit giving a rustic look to this beautiful dessert.

Print Recipe

• 2 lbs fresh cherries, pitted
  • 1-1/2 cups fresh raspberries
  • 3/4 cup sugar
  • 1 cup water
  • 3-1/2 Tablespoons cornstarch

Directions

• For the filling, add all ingredients to a medium sized bowl and used your fingers to combine until mixture is crumbly. Set aside.
  • For the filling, add all ingredients to a large pot and bring to a low simmer on the stove over low heat. Once simmering, cook for 10 minutes, stirring often. It is okay to break up some of the cherries as they soften. Remove from heat when done.
  • Lightly spray eight (6-ounce) ramekins with cooking spray. Divide filling among all eight dishes. Divide topping among all eight dishes as well. Place ramekins on a large baking tray covered with aluminum foil. Bake in a 375 F degree oven for 22 minutes.
  • Remove from oven and let sit for 20 minutes before serving. You can serve warm or room temperature with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
The Perfect Cherry Berry Crumble you wont be able to eat just one
This is what 2 lbs of cherries will make, many more to go!

Here is a list of other bloggers who are participating in the 10 lb Cherry Challenge! Give them a visit and see what they made.

Sweet Sensations
Maede For You
52 Kitchen Adventures
Bright Eyed Baker
Sweet Remedy
Panfusine
Me and My Pink Mixer

Disclosure: This post is sponsored content by OXO and NW Cherry Growers. As always, all opinions are my own.

17 Comments and 2 Replies

1. Beautiful individual Cherry-Berry Crumbles, Cathy! I just made my Tart Cherry Crisp over the weekend and working on the post now. Our crumble topping is quite similar, but I went with using all cane sugar (vs. brown) for a blonde look to match the almonds in the topping and to contrast it with the deep red filling for a twist. Have fun with the rest of those pretty cherries!

2. 10 pounds of cherries! oh my!! I would be in heaven! Love these crumbles!

3. Nancy L 4

I love cherries and especially love cherry desserts! Can’t wait to see what else you make with all those cherries.

4. Kelly Keagy 5

Looks amazing as usual. Can’t wait to see what you come up with next! I bet cherries would be good in a fresh kale salad with lemon vinegarette, chèvre and pine nuts…. You have inspired me!

5. I used to live in Oregon and go cherry picking every season. I’m in Alabama now and very much miss the cherries. I love making yummy in your tummy dishes with fresh cherries! Love your recipe!

6. Oh what I could do with 10 lbs of cherries!!!! I looove this challenge and I really love this crumble. This sounds wonderful and I’ll definitely make it soon. I haven’t made a crisp, crumble or cobbler all summer. How can that be? Time to change that and this lovely recipe makes me want to.

7. Ashley 8

Love that crumble topping! Such a perfect summer dessert : ) 10 pounds of cherries is crazy! haha

8. These are the type of desserts that summer berries were MADE for, Cathy! You nailed one of my absolute favorites. These look so good!

9. Des 10

These are gorgeous! And I cannot wait to see what other cherry recipes you send our way :)

10. Doris Brady 11

I could sit and EAT 2 pounds of cherries. They are like candy to me! This dessert looks great and I will try it soon. (If I can do it before I eat them all up!)

11. Tieghan 12

10 pounds!! I would LOVE to be apart of this challenge! I have come to love cherries this summer! They are my new favorite summer fruit. Can’t get enough! This is a gorgeous crumble!

12. I just love a fruit crumble! Actually any dessert with warm fruit in it gets my attention every time. And even better if it bubbles up and over the sides of the dish a bit!

13. Sandra 14

It was very hard to stop eating the cherries but I managed to stop munching long enough to get busy. This crumble is picture perfect.

14. dena 16

That is seriously beautiful!!

15. Looks great! Pinned!

16. Simple and Sensational, darlin’. Summer fruit and crumbles were meant for each other! I don’t know if I could handle 10 lbs. of cherries, but I’d die tryin’ :)

17. Kezz18 19

Ooh 10 pounds of cherries…crumble, cherry choc slice, cherry relish, cherry pie, cherry crisp biccies….now I gotta find some lol…..cherry season is my fave, gawd I’ve even been known to climb the trees to get to the big juicy ones, but always leave some for the local bird life…yum yum yum