Pork Chops with Peach-Ginger Chutney

This was lunch yesterday and it was good! With ripe peaches everywhere, it’s hard not to be inspired.

The chutney is quick and easy to put together and has a fantastic sweet-savory flavor that goes amazingly wellwith the chops.

Another quick meal to keep you out of the kitchen and enjoying summertime fun. Excuse me, I have to get back to mine.

Combine the peaches, ginger, shallot, sugar, thyme and a pinch of salt and pepper and 1 Tablespoon of water in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Cover, reduce the heat to low and simmer, stirring occasionally, until the peaches have collapsed and released their juices, about 20 minutes; discard the ginger. Cover and set aside.

Meanwhile, combine the flour, 1 teaspoon of salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper in a wide shallow dish and stir to combine. Season the pork chops on both sides with salt and pepper. Dredge the chops in the flour mixture, shake off any excess and transfer to a clean plate. Discard any remaining flour. Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Arrange the pork chops in a single layer and cook, turning once, until deep golden brown all over and cooked through (time will vary depending on the thickness of your chops).

Transfer the pork chops to plates, top with the chutney and serve.

Pork Chops with Peach-Ginger Chutney
Adapted from Fine Cooking

2 medium peaches (about 3/4 lb.), peeled, pitted and chopped
1 (3 inch) piece of ginger, peeled and cut into three thick cones
1 large shallot, chopped
2 teaspoon granulated sugar
1/4 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
4 boneless pork loin chops (thickness is your choice)
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil

Mash the peach chutney with a potato masher until slightly chunky. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Transfer the pork chops to plates, top with the chutney and serve.

Other Pork Recipes You Might Enjoy:
Pork Tenderloin with Honey Mustard Sauce
Pork Chops Marsala
Apricot Glazed Grilled Pork Chops
Pork Carnitas
Cranberry Pork Stew
Pork Medallions with Cider Sauce
Boneless Pork Chops in a Shallot-Fig Reduction
Vanilla Cider Pork with Pears and Walnut Wild Rice

One Year Ago:
Honey Whole Wheat Bread

1. nice! i love love love chutney’s. have you ever made your own major grey’s chutney? love that stuff.

2. Dawn 2

Looks absolutly fantastic! Love that chutney recipe!

3. Pork,peaches, ginger…a wonderful combination. The weather has cooled down a bit here, the summer schedule has lightened, and I am ready again to begin preparing food that is a feast for the taste buds, this would fit on that menu nicely!

4. I’m not a huge ginger fan but this looks like something my hubby would really enjoy! And who knows, I like ginger snaps, so maybe the wonderful flavor combination with the peaches and thyme might bring me around!

5. Lisa H. 5

It’s dinner tonight!

It sounds good. I’m loving the peaches this summer.

7. Love pairing pork with fruits! The chutney sounds amazing!

8. Lisa Sipple 8

We are making this tonight with our fresh peaches!

9. Amazing! Your past three posts have been so fresh and inventive! Not too mention you are hitting everything that I have in my garden and fridge … thanks!

10. megan 10

this looks delicious. Peaches on the shopping list!

11. kelly 11

Love peaches with pork. These flavors have my taste buds wishing this was on the menu instead of what I have planned.

12. Hillary 12

I made this for dinner tonight and it was really good! I love the flavor combination. The chutney was so delicious that next time I will definitely double the amount. Another minor change I’ll make next time around is to use about half as much flour since there was a lot left over. Thanks for the great recipe. I will make this again.

13. I LOVE PORK. Okay. Had to tget that out. Perfect summer dish since peach season is upon us.

Peaches are very good in our area now, and I have been looking for different ways to use them, aside from good old Texas peach cobbler. This looks like a great combination with the peaches and pork chops.
    Thanks for this one. Thanks also for the reply to my request.

Pork and fruit go together perfectly. This dish looks wonderful Cathy.

16. Ayelet 16

just made this for dinner – sooo good! thanks for sharing the recipe!

17. Bonnie 17

Made this for dinner tonight. Was fantastic! Doubled the recipe…have some of the delicious chutney left over. Can’t wait until tomorrow when I csn use it on a sandwich.

18. People deserve good life time and loans or just short term loan can make it better. Because people’s freedom relies on money.