Warm and Creamy Bacon Dip

A Game Day favorite, this Warm and Creamy Bacon Dip will have your friends and family circling the coffee table like you've never seen. You might want to make a second batch.

I subscribe to a lot of magazines, probably at least fifty.I love reading publications about cooking, wine and design. I am never without a large pile of them on the coffee table. They often inspire me to get cooking in the kitchen. Can you relate?

In many magazines this month, I kept seeing advertisements for bacon bits used in dips. Of course my eyes gravitated and fixated on the words "bacon", "dip" and "warm" every time I came to a page with a recipe printed on it. Not only was it haunting me, it was calling to me. However, I know I've said it here before, I believe "dip" should be it's own food group, and I can rarely pass one up, but bacon bits are something I don't normally buy.

Then it happened, I found bacon bits in my pantry. I do not even remember buying them. Score.

This is one of those "deadly dips" that can be polished off before you even know what happened.  Don't ask me how I know that. Gah.

I suppose with all the Game Day  weekends coming up we'll have to make this again, because it's not Game Day without dip.

I ended up adding real bacon and extra green onion for garnish. I suppose you could save some of the bacon bits and use them on top instead. The perfect Game Day snack.

Place in a 1-quart baking dish. Cover. Heat 25-30 minutes or until hot.

Serve with sliced French bread, crackers and/or chips. Could this be any easier?

Print Recipe

Warm and Creamy Bacon Dip

Recipe from: Cathy Pollak | Serves: 6-8

Ingredients

• 8 oz softened cream cheese
  • 2 cups sour cream
  • 3 oz bacon bits
  • 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
  • 1 cup chopped green onion, more for garnish
  • chopped bacon or more bacon bits for garnish

Directions

• Bring cream cheese to room temperature. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a bowl, combine all ingredients. Place in a 1-quart baking dish. Cover. Heat 25-30 minutes or until hot.
  • Note: Serving Option: Dip may also be placed in hollowed round sourdough loaf, wrapped in foil and heated in 400 degree oven for 30 minutes.

Oh yeah, that dip looks deadly. To my thighs.

2. I love anything that has cream cheese in it. Seriously.

3. That dip looks dangerously wonderful! Might have to break down and make it for the Hubz. Although, with all that cream cheese and sour cream, it will probably kill me! ;)

4. Julie 4

Extra bacon is always a good thing, I’d say. Delish!

5. Amanda 5

I think I have all the ingredients for this! Quite some time ago I bought some bacon bit type things and they are still in my pantry. Thanks!

6. A very tempting dip for sure!

Hubba Hubba! I wonder if I could recover from a session of eating all of this dip. Probably not, but I’d be totally happy during the effort, lol. But then, I might need a jump start afterward.

8. June 8

OMG, wouldn’t this be fab with some little fingerling potatoes as dippers? Diet, what diet!

9. This has to be good. It has most of the ingredients on the list of essential foods: cream cheese, bacon, cheddar cheese and sour cream. It has to be a winner.

wow, this is just pure indulgence. I would sit by the dip and eat it all. man that looks so good.

11. it is a one sitting dip, no need to worry about leftovers

12. Lena in VT 12

I am making this for Superbowl!!

13. Lisa 13

Nothing is better than bacon and in a dip – Yum! This is a must try!

14. elra 14

That’s just insanely delicious looking dips Cathy. Love bacon, so I will sure like this.

15. I will definitely be make this this for a Superbowl party (I don’t even like football–I’m in it for the dip). But I think I’ll do a sample dip today–you know, just to make sure!!

16. Lisa 16

Yes, looks deadly. My latest obsession with dip is a sundried tomato/artichoke. I alone have polished off 1/2 the dish without knowing it.

17. Mary Norman 17

Hi, this is my first time making a comment, but I just wanted to say that I really like ur blog. You have some really great recipes and I love the stories too. I also wanted to let you know (if you didn’t allready) that Oscar Meyer and Hormel have the little reseable pouches of Real Bacon Bits and I have found that in a pinch, they taste much better that the regular bacon bits. I can’t wait to try this out, Yummo. We love dips in my house.
    Thanks, Mary

18. lo 18

Heh. Bacony. Creamy. And easy to throw together. What could be better?

19. Have you used turkey bacon? I think the flavor is wonderful, microwave and it comes out crunchy, easy to break up.

… you’re a bad woman. I didn’t need to know about this. Now I have to make it. I. Have. To.

21. annbb 21

Major yum there! And those beans….must go try that one. It looks wonderful! Off to your vineyard page!

22. Lea 22

ok – I’m drooling….

23. Lord Have Mercy!

24. Angie 24

This is perfect, those recipes from the product’s company can be the best!

25. Biz 25

Another reason I liked you – a fellow magazine whore!

I subscribe to about 20 – but I use my husband’s hotel priority points so they are free – I still get a kick that his name is on each and every one of them!

Love this dip – you may see it at my Superbowl party!

26. Barbara 26

Cripes. Practically a BLT in dip form. Perfect. I don’t know if I’m going to thank you for this, Cathy, but everyone else at the party will!

27. Amber 27

I think this would be dinner for me. Protein from the meat, dairy obviously, onions are vegetables, bread would be fiber, wine is fruit. Ha!

28. Definitely not a dip that I could be left alone with! I am just try to be patient while I wait for the superbowl to make that buffalo chicken dip again…oh how I adore that!

29. steph 29

It’s storming terribly here in FL (2 tornadoes and hail) so I’m going to be making this once my cream cheese comes to room temp and curling up with movies! Thanks so much for sharing!!

even the name of this dish sparks a hunger inside of me, not to mention what actually seeing the masterpiece does to me. what a fantastic nosh!

31. LilSis 31

You’re killin’ me! Chips and dip is probably one of my biggest temptations. This one looks fantastic. The more bacon, the better!

I won’t be able to make this til I lose a few more pounds. I’m not good at moderation when it comes to dip!

I am bookmarking for future reference! :-)

32. Tammy 32

I know for a fact I would love this dip and covet it as my precious… Then feel sick as I’m licking the bottom of the dish.

33. What do they say about great minds? I have a similar recipe posted that I get rave reviews. Mine has dried beef instead of bacon. I will have to try your for something different. I know it will be great!

Who needs sex when there’s food like this on the table?

35. Sook 35

Wow! This would be a wonderful appetizer for a party! I have a few birthday parties coming up this next couple months so I will have to bookmark this recipe. Thank you!

36. oh my! you’re making me sad. I’m doing Weight Watchers but this is completely my thing. OH! If only I could have 1 bite!

37. Melynda 37

B best food there is!
    A always in the fridge.
    C can’t really eat too much.
    O out of bacon, we WILL buy more.
    N never turn it down.

Think I might like this?

WOW, Cathy. Now I cannot wait until Superbowl Sunday!! That looks absolutely delicious. Fabulously delicious. YUM.

39. yum1 Perfect superbowl dish!

40. Donna 40

A surefire hit with all Im sure!

41. Well, this is just dangerous dip! I would eat WAY too much of it!!

42. KathyB. 42

I love just about any and all sour cream and bacon dips as long as they don’t contain any beans or potatoes. This is a winner, everything I could eat as a meal, who needs to dip anything but a big spoon into it anyway?

Yeah, I have a magazine addiction. Food magazines especially. Grumpy hates it! I bet he would love your dip though! :-)

44. I read the title and just wanted to rub it on! Looks so good and in time for the big football game that is coming up.

45. Carla 45

I have that “Daisy” recipe clipped on my fridge to make for Superbowl too. Will have to try it in a smaller version “just to be sure”. LOL

46. steph 46

Oh man! This was soooo good, but it made too much for 4 people. So, tonight I’m going to mix the leftovers in with potato for Twice Baked Potatoes.

47. I think I just died and went to bacon heaven. Oh my goodness!

It’s a good thing we’re going away this weekend or I’d be likely to sit around and eat this…all weekend long!

You had me at “Bacon”.

49. Dawn 49

Oh lawd, save me from myself on Superbowl Sunday!!

A.M.A.Z.I.N.G! Could a dip get any better? Bookmarked.

51. Kathleen 51

This dip sounds sooo delicious! It has all the perfect ingredients. I think I’ll try it for Superbowl. Thanks for sharing it.

52. VIckie 52

This looks fab.u.lous! I’m making it for the guys on Superbowl Sunday! Thanks!

Um
    Wow.
    I am so making this so I can be a hero to all.
    I bow to you.

54. Dip should definitely be a food group. In fact, I’ll say the best thing about the superbowl is a buffet of dips. Keep them coming!

55. That looks delicious!
    My Captain would love it!!

56. Trying to figure out if I could make this without eating all of it before the guests arrived. Wow!

57. I can eat straight from the baking dish!

58. Cath,
    You really come up with some good dips here!
    I still have to make that clam dip of yours!

59. OK so I tried the Tuscan Bean recipe, changing it up a bit since I had only canned beans, and I loved it. Really loved it. Made with staple items in the kitchen, this is truly a delicious and (if served in the right bowl) elegant meal. Thanks.

And now the bacon dip. I am providing the refreshments next week at a movie night me and my friends are having (one of my friends stars in the film – Girl In The Basement) and I am in charge of food. This will be perfect for almost everyone and I know I won’t have leftovers to lug back home. Thanks for sharing!!

60. Brian 60

Wow!! I think I could eat that for dinner. No Superbowl needed. Thanks for the recipe, I will be making this soon.

What is better than bacon in a dip? For that matter, bacon in anything! I know I would pig out on this one…and the big game is around the corner, my opportunity!

62. Alicia 62

I’ve seen this too! Hrm.. It looks good. I’m going to have to try it!

63. loved the dip…its reminded me of everything i put on my baked potato, did you ever think of putting this dip into potato skins..i think it would be really good. thanks for the recipe!

64. christi 64

this looks amazing!

65. Rindy R 65

Made this dip for a girlfriend’s birthday party! It was the hit of the party. The next day I had several e-mails requesting the recipe. I just linked them to you!
    Thanks for sharing such a great dip – it will surely make an appearance at Super Bowl time!!!!

66. Bacon will never be denied. Making this soon!

67. Thank goodness for the superbowl! Now I have a reason to make this!!!!

68. Casey 68

Made the dip for a Super Bowl party and used Turkey bacon and regular bacon. Topped it with avacados and offered it with Blue Corn chips or on top of chili.

69. Doris 69

I made this while snowed in and I have to say, as good as the warm dip was, the raw dip was better.

I happened to lick the spatula after I poured the dip into the pan for baking. YUM. The next time I make this, I think I will just forego the cooking part.

70. Alexi 70

My whole family loves this dip, I have made it now three times. (they also love the Bailey’s cake, especially grandma) I added olives cause I love them.
    Love your blog!

71. Krista 71

i make a dip similar to this but my varaiton is …
    1 block of cream cheese
    1 small tub of sour cream
    2 tbsp of mayonaise
    1 package of the ready made bacon – cut in small peices like your garnish

mix all ingredients togeether. and bake for 25 minutes….remove and stir.

use bacon dipper crackers (crackers that are bacon flavoured..mmmmm) about a handful or a little more srumbled and put on top of the dip…bake for another 15 mintues. then use remaining crackers to use to dip in the dip :)

72. Doreen 72

I made this for a cook-out, now they are having a Halloween party and they said DON’T show up without the warm bacon dip!!!!

73. Patty Cakes 73

I made this for the Superbowl party last year and it was such a hit i have to make it again!! It was so good the pan i brought it in was practically licked clean!! Thank you for posting this recipe!! Cheers!

74. This looks delicious. I want to try making it, but I want to use real bacon. Does anyone know how much to use?