Buffalo chicken dip has all the flavor of tangy and fiery hot wings, but in the form of a creamy, scoopable dip.
Buffalo Chicken Wing Dip
This dip is always the hit of the party. Always. Whether you’re serving for game day or any other occasion, it’s absolutely the first thing to disappear, (with this bacon dip and jalapeño popper dip a close second).
One solid way you know this dip is outstanding…it’s as amazing on celery as it is on chips or bread.
Serving this hot and cheesy party starter removes the need to serve hot wings, which are kind of a pain to serve a crowd anyway, even if you order them in (they get cold so fast).
This dip is so packed with protein, I’ve even served it for dinner. No judging.
You’re going to love it.
Buffalo Dip Ingredients
There are a few things that go into making this the most delicious buffalo dip…ever.
boneless, skinless chicken breast – makes this dip a protein packed meal
Frank’s RedHot Original Sauce – flavor booster
Frank’s RedHot Buffalo Wings Hot Sauce – flavor booster
celery – adds the crunch factor
cream cheese – you want to use full-fat for all the mouthfeel and flavor
blue cheese dressing – use the best quality you can find
sharp cheddar cheese – shred it yourself, it melts better
GET THE FULL (PRINTABLE) BUFFALO CHICKEN DIP RECIPE BELOW. ENJOY!
Can I Use Pre-Cooked Chicken?
If you are short on time you could easily use shredded rotisserie chicken or canned chicken (Kirkland Brand is the best).
How Do You Know When Poached Chicken Is Cooked?
Can This Be Made In A Cast Iron Skillet?
Yes or any other baking pan. Just know that cooking times may increase or decrease based on the size of the pan you choose.
More Buffalo Sauce Flavored Recipes
- Buffalo Hot Dogs
- Buffalo Falafel Balls
- Buffalo Bleu Chicken Salad Sandwiches
- Buffalo Chicken Enchiladas
- Buffalo Chicken Macaroni and Cheese
Buffalo Chicken Dip
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, poached and shredded
- 6 oz (3/4 cup) Frank's RedHot Original Sauce
- 6 oz (3/4 cup) Frank's RedHot Buffalo Wings Hot Sauce
- 1-1/2 cups finely chopped celery
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 (8 oz) packages (full-fat) cream cheese, room temperature
- 12 oz (1-1/2 cups) bottle of good quality blue cheese dressing
- 8 oz shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Place chicken breasts in a sauté pan (with a cover) large enough to hold them all in one layer. Add 1-2 cups water or chicken broth to the pan. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and cook for 9-14 minutes until chicken is no longer pink (thermometer should reach 165 degrees F). Remove chicken from broth. When chicken has cooled slightly, shred well with two forks. (You do not want large chunks.) Mix chicken with hot sauce and wing sauce and set aside.*
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Heat olive oil in a sauté pan over medium heat. Add celery and sauté just until tender. Remove pan from heat. Add chicken mixture and combine.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy. When cream cheese is creamy, add bleu cheese dressing and stir to combine. Add chicken-celery mixture and mix thoroughly.
- Scoop mixture into a large casserole dish (13 x 9). Bake uncovered for 20 minutes. Add cheddar cheese and stir to combine. Bake for another 20 minutes or until heated through. Dip should be golden and bubbling when done.
- Serve with additional sticks of celery, slices of crusty French bread or tortilla chips for dipping.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.