If you’re in the mood for buttery, hot-sauced chicken, these Buffalo Chicken Meatballs are definitely for you. Made with fresh ground chicken, pantry staples and baked in the oven, you’re not going to miss any game time while these are in the oven.
Buffalo Chicken Meatballs
Are you hosting a party? Game day or board game night? Set up the spread and let these Buffalo Chicken Meatballs take center stage.
These meatballs have all the flavor of hot wings, with a quarter of the work. It’s a win-win situation, especially if it’s a weeknight.
Enjoy every bite.
Here’s What You Need to Make the Best Buffalo Chicken Meatballs
- Ground Chicken – most grocery stores carry ground chicken alongside other fresh meats. If you’re unable to find ground chicken, ground turkey will yield similar results
- Panko Breadcrumbs – bigger than regular breadcrumbs and are preferred in this recipe as they work better with ground chicken, which is naturally stickier than other ground meats. Gluten-free panko crumbs are available if you need them
- Buffalo Wing Sauce – use your favorite brand
- Egg – size large and used as a binder to keep the meatballs together
- Garlic – you can purchase pre-minced garlic or fresh cloves
- Onion Powder -flavor booster
- Salt and Pepper
- Green Onion – optional garnish, adds flavor and color
- Blue Cheese or Ranch Dressing – serve your favorite on the side
GET THE FULL (PRINTABLE) BUFFALO CHICKEN MEATBALLS RECIPE BELOW. ENJOY!
Storage Instructions for Buffalo Chicken Meatballs
Store any leftover meatballs, in an airtight container, in the refrigerator for up to four days.
- Follow the recipe as written, but leave off any garnish or extra buffalo wing sauce addition.
- Allow the meatballs to cool completely and place them in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- Place the baking sheet in the freezer for 1 hour, then remove meatballs to a freezer-safe container.
- Keep frozen for up to 2 months.
- When ready to eat, allow meatballs to thaw overnight in the refrigerator.
- Warm in the oven or on the stove until hot.
How Do I Make These Meatballs Ahead of Time?
- Follow the recipe as written, but do not bake the meatballs.
- Store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.
- Make sure to store them so they are not squished together or they will stick to each other.
- When ready to bake, allow them to come to room temperature, while you preheat the oven.
- Bake according to recipe instructions below
What Can I Serve with Buffalo Chicken Meatballs?
While these meatballs are a great appetizer, served alongside celery and carrot sticks, you can easily make a meal with them. Serve with baked sweet or white potatoes, French fries, tater tots, a favorite vegetable or a fresh salad.
More Ways to Enjoy Buffalo Sauce Flavored Recipes
All the big flavors you love in these delicious recipes.
- Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Buffalo Sauce Hot Dogs
- Buffalo Falafel Balls
- Buffalo Blue Chicken Sandwiches
- Buffalo Chicken Enchiladas
- Buffalo Wing Hummus
- Cheesy-Buffalo Roasted Cauliflower Potato Soup
- Buffalo Chicken Macaroni and Cheese
IF YOU DO MAKE SOMETHING FROM NOBLEPIG, IT WOULD BE GREAT TO SEE HOW YOURS TURNED OUT! Take a snapshot and tag @NOBLEPIG and #noblepig on INSTAGRAM so I can see how it turned out.
DON’T FORGET TO RATE THIS RECIPE AND LEAVE A COMMENT BELOW.
Buffalo Chicken Meatballs
- 1 lb (454 grams) ground chicken
- 2/3 cup (90 grams) panko breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup (59 ml) buffalo wing sauce, plus extra for serving
- 1 large egg
- 2 cloves fresh minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp table salt or fine sea salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- green onions, sliced (optional)
- Blue Cheese or Ranch dressing for serving (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment or nonstick aluminum foil.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine ground chicken, breadcrumbs, buffalo wing sauce, egg, garlic, onion powder, salt and pepper. Do not overmix.
- Use a tablespoon size cookie scoop to scoop up meatball mixture and use your hands to roll each scoop into a ball. Place the shaped meatballs on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 25-28 minutes or until the meatballs reach an internal temperature of 165 degrees F.
- Drizzle meatballs with additional buffalo sauce and sprinkle with sliced green onions. Serve with blue cheese or ranch dressing on the side.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.