If you've waited until the last minute and still haven't conjured up any treats for the holidays, this is a real quick one to throw together.
I have loved peppermint bark since I tasted it at Williams-Sonoma many years ago. However, when I found out how easy it is to make, I have been making it homemade ever since.
I don't have much time to chat as I am so busy right now, so here's the recipe....enjoy. I have also been hiding this from my husband. If he happens to check my blog, the jig is up, he will be on the prowl.
Line a 13 x 9 inch pan with foil. Set aside.
In top of a double-boiler or in microwave (I used the microwave), melt dark chocolate chips. Spread into prepared pan. Refrigerate until JUST ABOUT set, about 15-20 minutes. The just about part is important as this will help meld your chocolate together.
In top of a double boiler or in microwave, melt white chocolate chips. Stir in peppermint extract. Spread on top of dark chocolate. Sprinkle with crushed peppermint candies.
Refrigerate until set, about an hour. Remove from pan and break into pieces. Store at room temperature.
You won't stop at just one.
Double-Chocolate Peppermint Bark
One Year Ago: Holiday Time
Subscribe by emailEnter your email address in the box below to receive notifications directly to your inbox each time there is a new blog post!
TWEETS @ noblepig
- Goodnight. @ Bay Bridge Oakland Ca https://t.co/83pISTHtOE, 18 hours ago
- Happy hour! @ Slanted Door https://t.co/U9I7bymjpi, 20 hours ago
- Skyline from Coit Tower. @ The Coit Tower https://t.co/huuiFHL4e7, Jul 31
- Feeling crooked. @ Lombard Street https://t.co/3YjGjJ2eOI, Jul 31
- Cioppino heaven...and we have a crazy waiter and my husband is wearing a bib. It's all good. @… https://t.co/rkkE3KvkJ8, Jul 31