If you've waited until the last minute and still haven't conjured up any treats for the holidays, this is a real quick one to throw together.
I have loved peppermint bark since I tasted it at Williams-Sonoma many years ago. However, when I found out how easy it is to make, I have been making it homemade ever since.
I don't have much time to chat as I am so busy right now, so here's the recipe....enjoy. I have also been hiding this from my husband. If he happens to check my blog, the jig is up, he will be on the prowl.
Line a 13 x 9 inch pan with foil. Set aside.
In top of a double-boiler or in microwave (I used the microwave), melt dark chocolate chips. Spread into prepared pan. Refrigerate until JUST ABOUT set, about 15-20 minutes. The just about part is important as this will help meld your chocolate together.
In top of a double boiler or in microwave, melt white chocolate chips. Stir in peppermint extract. Spread on top of dark chocolate. Sprinkle with crushed peppermint candies.
Refrigerate until set, about an hour. Remove from pan and break into pieces. Store at room temperature.
You won't stop at just one.
Double-Chocolate Peppermint Bark
One Year Ago: Holiday Time
Subscribe by emailEnter your email address in the box below to receive notifications directly to your inbox each time there is a new blog post!
TWEETS @ noblepig
- RT @RecipeGirl: Delicious: Double Ranch Chicken and Green Bean Bites https://t.co/rB5UsJEj5A via @noblepig https://t.co/8djStcdP1E, 5 hours ago
- Decking the halls...hoping your Sunday was great. @ Middle of Nowhere https://t.co/qPNxDFoqJL, 6 hours ago
- Still faced with Leftover Cranberry Sauce? Here are 14 ways to use it up. https://t.co/x6O9dX3YVu https://t.co/HcsP73wF4A, 13 hours ago
- My mom had so many of these vintage #Christmas angels https://t.co/zM7YRVDQX0 I would luv some too. https://t.co/NRiRt2iexe, 16 hours ago
- Mini Pie Desserts are all the rage https://t.co/lZB5F6TM4e Fill your #holiday table with the best of them. https://t.co/xCW4asobDj, 16 hours ago