Creamy, delicious layers make this Chocolate Peppermint Lush the perfect no-bake, festive holiday dessert to enjoy with family and friends this season.
Chocolate Peppermint Lush Recipe
Are you a lover of all things chocolate and peppermint? If so, you need to try this Chocolate Peppermint Lush, a decadent treat, perfect for satisfying your sweet tooth and getting into the holiday spirit.
Chocolate Peppermint Lush is a delicious and refreshing treat that is perfect for the holiday season. Made with layers chocolatey goodness and refreshing peppermint, this dessert is sure to satisfy your sweet tooth and leave you feeling festive and satisfied.
But what makes this dessert so special? It is rich, smooth, and packed full of flavor. The peppermint, on the other hand, is crisp and refreshing, adding a nice contrast to the richness of the chocolate and creamy layers.
One of the best things about Chocolate Peppermint Lush is that it is incredibly versatile. You can enjoy it as a simple dessert on its own, or serve it as part of a dessert buffet.
Another great thing about Chocolate Peppermint Lush is that it is incredibly easy to make. All you need is a few simple ingredients and a little bit of time, and you can have this delicious dessert ready in no time at all.
Indulgent Flavor and Decadent Texture: The Chocolate Peppermint Lush Experience
- light-mousse-like texture
- slightly crunchy, moist crust layer
- hint of mint from the cream cheese layer
Overall, this chocolate peppermint lush is a sweet and creamy dessert with a rich, chocolaty flavor. Its light-mousse-like texture is smooth and velvety, and pairs perfectly with the slightly crunchy, moist crust layer. The hint of mint from the cream cheese layer adds an extra level of flavor, giving this dessert a refreshing twist. The combination of the creamy chocolate mousse and the crunchy crust creates an irresistible texture that is sure to satisfy your taste buds. Whether you’re a fan of chocolate or mint, or both, this chocolate peppermint lush is a must-try dessert for the holiday season.
Who doesn’t need a little extra energy this holiday season? Peppermint has also been shown to have a refreshing and energizing effect, making it a great choice for a quick pick-me-up.
All in all, Chocolate Peppermint Lush is a delicious treat that is perfect for the holiday season. So why not give it a try? You’ll be glad you did!
Expert Tips for the Perfect Chocolate Peppermint Lush
This dessert is best if prepared the night before and left to chill in the fridge.
Store any cake leftovers in an airtight container for up to 3-4 days, or just make sure your pan is covered tightly.
You can freeze leftovers in a sealed, freezer safe container, but they are best used within 2-4 weeks. To defrost, place in the refrigerator the night before wanting to serve.
More Festive and Impressive Holiday Desserts to Wow Your Guests
The best holiday dessert recipes to make at home this season! It’s time to satisfy your sweet tooth and get into the holiday spirit.
- Peppermint Patty Brownies
- Cream Cheese Cranberry Bars
- The Easiest Triple Chocolate KISS Cookies
- No-Fail Pistachio and Walnut Fudge
- Peppermint Bark Hot Chocolate
- Andes Mint Brownies
- Cherry Tassies
- Zinfandel Port Balls
- Double Ginger Crackles
- Chai Eggnog
- Candy Cane Frappe
- Eggnog Banana Bread Muffins
- Pecan Cream Pie Lush
IF YOU DO MAKE SOMETHING FROM NOBLEPIG, IT WOULD BE GREAT TO SEE HOW YOURS TURNED OUT! Take a snapshot and tag @NOBLEPIG and #noblepig on INSTAGRAM so I can see how it turned out.
DON’T FORGET TO RATE THIS RECIPE AND LEAVE A COMMENT BELOW.
Chocolate Peppermint Lush
- 40 Oreo cookies
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted and slightly cooled
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 3 cups cold milk (whole milk preferred), divided
- 1/4 tsp peppermint extract
- red food coloring
- 16 oz whipped topping, divided
- 1/2 cup crushed candy canes or other peppermint candies, divided
- 2 boxes (3.4 oz) instant chocolate pudding
- extra crushed Oreos for garnish
- Crumble your Oreo cookies using either a food processor or a Ziploc bag with a rolling pin.
- In a large bowl, combine crushed Oreos and melted butter.
- Spread Oreo mixture into a 9 x 13 baking dish and place in the refrigerator for an hour.
- In a separate bowl, beat cream cheese and confectioners' sugar until smooth. Add 1/4 cup of milk and beat for another 2 minutes. Fold in peppermint extract, a few drops red food coloring and half of the whipped topping until just combined and the mixture turns a pink color.
- Reserve 2 tablespoons of the crushed candy canes for garnish and stir the rest into the cream cheese mixture.
- Spread cream cheese mixture evenly across the top of the chilled Oreo base. Return the dish to the refrigerator while preparing the next layer.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the dry chocolate pudding packets with the remaining cold milk until smooth.
- Remove the baking dish from the refrigerator and spread pudding layer across the top of the cream cheese layer.
- Next, spread remaining whipped topping over the top of the pudding layer.
- Garnish with remaining crushed candy canes and Oreos on top of the whipped topping.
- Cover dish with plastic wrap and chill in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours or overnight. Slice and serve.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.