I adore a good deli sandwich. Of course some of the best were in New York City; nothing beats the deli's of New York.
But of all the deli sandwiches out there, the Reuben is hands down my favorite. Between the corned beef, sauerkraut and Russian dressing, well, it just doesn't get any better.
Since I have been in the mood for an authentic Reuben sandwich but find myself thousands of miles from New York City, I thought I would settle for something very close and just as amazing tasting; The Reuben Dip.
Yep, all you want in a sandwich but baked up in a nifty little spread. It's divine! People will seek you out for a bite.
Let's make it...
Here is what you will need to make the dip: Corned beef, sauerkraut, Swiss cheese, sour cream, cream cheese, ketchup, spicy brown mustard and cocktail rye bread.
In a medium bowl combine, 1/2 pound diced corned beef, 8 ounces cream cheese, 1/2 cup sour cream, 1 cup Swiss cheese, 1 cup sauerkraut, 1 Tablespoon ketchup and 1 Tablespoon spicy brown mustard.
Mix it all up.
Place it in a greased, 1 quart baker and bake for 30 minutes in a 350 degree oven.
When done, the dip will be browned and bubbly....yum.
Serve it up with some cocktail rye bread and watch it disappear.
Of course I like to glob a bunch on a plate and just enjoy. It's the best. You should make it.
Subscribe by emailEnter your email address in the box below to receive notifications directly to your inbox each time there is a new blog post!
TWEETS @ noblepig
- RT @RealSimple: Going on a trip? No matter where you're headed, here's how to pack the perfect beauty bag: http://t.co/ZXjKhwo5jQ, 9 hours ago
- Best #GrandCanyon Day Hikes w/ @jdomb http://t.co/C7rrpn9mUC #NationalParkWeek #VisitArizona @ArizonaTourism http://t.co/vDVgTSsUV2, 9 hours ago
- It's the weekend people, do U have my secret to the fluffiest pancakes? http://t.co/Vjh3IT4RJO #noblepig http://t.co/TKiBFXyOEp, 10 hours ago
- 14 Refreshing #Margarita Recipes http://t.co/Ov4yJUBNGD @ParadeMagazine #CincoDeMayo #tequila http://t.co/5KcagrLvJI, 14 hours ago
- RT @CAStrawberries: Goin' to the chapel this summer? Get some sweet inspiration from this bright, bold berry wedding on @weddingchicks: http://t.co/2obZesdpR9, 15 hours ago