I adore a good deli sandwich. Of course some of the best were in New York City; nothing beats the deli's of New York.
But of all the deli sandwiches out there, the Reuben is hands down my favorite. Between the corned beef, sauerkraut and Russian dressing, well, it just doesn't get any better.
Since I have been in the mood for an authentic Reuben sandwich but find myself thousands of miles from New York City, I thought I would settle for something very close and just as amazing tasting; The Reuben Dip.
Yep, all you want in a sandwich but baked up in a nifty little spread. It's divine! People will seek you out for a bite.
Let's make it...
Here is what you will need to make the dip: Corned beef, sauerkraut, Swiss cheese, sour cream, cream cheese, ketchup, spicy brown mustard and cocktail rye bread.
In a medium bowl combine, 1/2 pound diced corned beef, 8 ounces cream cheese, 1/2 cup sour cream, 1 cup Swiss cheese, 1 cup sauerkraut, 1 Tablespoon ketchup and 1 Tablespoon spicy brown mustard.
Mix it all up.
Place it in a greased, 1 quart baker and bake for 30 minutes in a 350 degree oven.
When done, the dip will be browned and bubbly....yum.
Serve it up with some cocktail rye bread and watch it disappear.
Of course I like to glob a bunch on a plate and just enjoy. It's the best. You should make it.
Subscribe by emailEnter your email address in the box below to receive notifications directly to your inbox each time there is a new blog post!
TWEETS @ noblepig
- Steady stream of folks out tasting wine today...come see us! http://t.co/AyqrRcpF9f, Jan 24
- What 100 Calories Looks Like http://t.co/cHrbu4E83A So sad., Jan 23
- 10 Most Dangerous Cities to Visit http://t.co/lknH6dM2Y6 , yikes since I've been to two of them., Jan 23
- #Wine stolen from #FrenchLaundry recovered in North Carolinahttp://bit.ly/1JtZez5, Jan 23
- Philly Cheesesteak Dip made with @SargentoCheese is #GameDay perfection! http://t.co/sdPVTBwFW0 http://t.co/xkAL4rwBll, Jan 23