This Pumpkin Cheesecake Dip combines the warm, comforting spices reminiscent of traditional pumpkin pie with the smooth, creamy and luscious richness of a scoopable, cheesecake filling. The possibilities for dippables are endless, so it’s time to unleash your creativity and use what you love to scoop up every bite of this dessert dip.
This pumpkin cheesecake dip is the ideal warm-up act before Thanksgiving. I like to think of it as the best pregaming option before we indulge in the real deal of full-fledged pumpkin pie and pumpkin cheesecake.
Related: Pumpkin Caramel Bars
Best Occasions To Serve Pumpkin Cheesecake Dip
- Halloween Party: A great sweet treat at your Halloween gathering.
- Game Day: It’s the best coffee table dessert for the fall.
- Friendsgiving: An easier option instead of making pies and for baking-averse friends to contribute.
- Autumn Picnic: Carry along a container of this cheesecake dip in your picnic basket for a sweet treat at the park.
- Book Club: Fall season book club meeting is the perfect time to bust out this dip!
The full recipe can be found at the end of this post.
- Cream Cheese: The primary base of the dip, providing richness and creaminess. Creates the classic cheesecake flavor.
- Confectioners’ Sugar: Also known as powdered sugar, adds sweetness and helps to thicken the dip while providing a smooth texture.
- Pumpkin Puree: The star ingredient that gives the dip its distinctive pumpkin flavor and rich, autumnal color.
- Pumpkin Pie Spice Mix: Pumpkin pie spice mix is a blend of spices like cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, and ginger. This is what infuses the dip with the warm, aromatic flavors associated with pumpkin pie.
- Vanilla Extract: Vanilla extract enhances the overall flavor profile of the dip, providing a sweet, aromatic undertone that complements the pumpkin and cream cheese.
- Cool Whip (or Whipped Topping): Cool Whip or a similar whipped topping adds a light and airy texture to the dip. It also contributes to the creaminess while making the dip fluffy and easy to dip with various dippers.
How To Make Pumpkin Dessert Dip
Here is a condensed version on how to make this dip:
- Beat cream cheese and powdered sugar until they are smooth and creamy.
- Blend in pumpkin puree, pumpkin pie spices and vanilla extract.
- Gently fold in thawed Cool Whip until fully incorporated.
- You can serve it right away or refrigerate it until you’re ready to enjoy!
Unique Dippers to Use In Your Pumpkin Cheesecake Dip
Put on your creativity hat, the options are limitless when it comes to choosing the perfect dippers to scoop this dip from the bowl and into your mouth. This is your opportunity to customize and personalize the presentation of this dip. Here are my ideas for what I think would be the most flavorful ways to do so:
Here are some more unique dippers you can pair with your pumpkin cheesecake dip:
- Ginger Snap Cookies: The spicy kick of ginger complements the pumpkin and cheesecake flavors beautifully.
- Pretzel Chips: If you love salty-sweet combos, the salty crunch of pretzel chips provides the yummiest contrast to the creamy dip.
- Cinnamon Sugar Pita Chips: These sweet and crispy chips add a touch of cinnamon to enhance the dessert-like experience. One of my favorites.
- Apple Slices: Fresh apple slices, especially varieties like Granny Smith or Honeycrisp, offer a refreshing and slightly tart contrast.
- Gingersnap Biscotti: These twice-baked, crunchy cookies have a strong ginger flavor that go so well with this dip. Look for the mini ones.
- Mini Pumpkin Muffins: Serve bite-sized pumpkin muffins alongside the dip. Have a small knife available to frost the muffins with this dip. It’s such a fun combo.
- Cinnamon Graham Crackers: Use regular or cinnamon!
- Sliced Banana: Creamy banana slices can be a surprising and enjoyable dipper choice.
- Toasted Marshmallows: For a playful twist, toast some marshmallows and use them as dippers for a campfire-inspired treat.
- Miniature Churros: Serve mini churros for a unique dipping experience.
Healthier Version Ideas
It’s not going to taste the same, but you can make some swaps to reduce the sugar and fat.
Greek Yogurt: Substitute some or all of the cream cheese with Greek yogurt. It will add creaminess and protein without as much fat.
Reduced-Fat Cream Cheese: If you still want to use cream cheese, opt for reduced-fat or Neufchâtel cream cheese to lower the fat content.
Low-Fat Whipped Topping: If you want to include whipped topping, use a sugar-free, low-fat or light version.
Reduce Sweetener: Gradually reduce the amount of confectioners’ sugar you use in the recipe, by adjusting to your taste preferences.
Serve with Healthy Dippers: Stick with apple slices or bananas instead of sugary cookies.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 2-4 days.
- Leftovers can be frozen for up to one month.
- While this dip can be prepared 24-hours in advance, it is a little tricky when it comes to serving, once it has been refrigerated for that long. The cream cheese does solidify and softens slower than the whipped topping, so finding the perfect balance on timing can be hard. Best case is to refrigerate no more than 2 hours before serving.
More Pumpkin Recipes for the Fall Season
- Pumpkin Donuts
- 2-Ingredient Pumpkin Cake
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Pumpkin Pancakes
- Mocha Pumpkin Fudge Brownies
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Pumpkin Cheesecake Dip
Pumpkin Cheesecake Dip Ingredients:
How to Make Pumpkin Cheesecake Dip:
- Using a hand mixer with a whisk attachment, whip together softened cream cheese and confectioners' sugar until you have a smooth and creamy consistency.8 oz. cream cheese, room temperature, 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- Incorporate the pumpkin puree, pumpkin pie spice, and vanilla extract into the mixture until thoroughly blended.1-1/2 cups pumpkin puree, 1 tbsp. pumpkin pie spice, 2 tsps. vanilla extract
- With a rubber spatula, gently fold in thawed Cool Whip until fully combined.8 oz. Cool Whip, thawed
- You can serve immediately or refrigerate up to 24 hours.assorted dippers, such as graham crackers, Golden Oreo cookies, vanilla wafers
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.