Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Ice Cream, arguably the most classic combo, when it comes to making a mash up of cookie and ice cream flavors. This no churn version takes a short cut and does not require purchasing a tub of cookie dough to make it happen.
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Ice Cream
This no-churn ice cream, cookie dough edition, is made with a few, specific ingredients and to make it even easier, requires no stovetop cooking and can be made with just a hand mixer— or even, if you’re very industrious, a whisk and some upper-arm strength. No ice cream machine needed!
Taste-wise, this chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream is just as decadent and silky-smooth as any ice cream I’ve ever tried, homemade or otherwise. This step-by-step recipe is your quickest, easiest ticket to amazing no-churn ice cream made right at home.
Every bite of this cookie dough ice cream is going to taste like cookie dough, unlike other versions where you’re searching out and digging out the visible chunks.
Ingredients Behind Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Ice Cream
By combining these ingredients, you get a delectable chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream that’s perfect for satisfying your current sweet tooth cravings. Enjoy it scooped into ice cream cones or a bowl for a summer treat! Full recipe can be found at the end of the post.
- Heavy cream: This is the richness and creaminess behind the ice cream. It’s responsible for the smooth texture and luxurious mouthfeel.
- Sweetened condensed milk: Adds sweetness and has a contributing factor to the creamy texture of the ice cream, also helps bind the ingredients together and reduces the need for additional sugar.
- Yellow cake mix: This is the secret ingredient that gives the ice cream its cookie dough flavor. It brings in the taste of cookie dough you’re expecting and enhances the overall dessert.
- Vanilla extract: Adds depth and enhances the flavor profile.
- Mini chocolate chips: Provides bursts of chocolaty goodness throughout.
- Ice cream cones: While not a direct ingredient, they are essential for serving and enjoying the ice cream. They add a fun element and provide a conv
Top 10 Ice Cream Flavors
While this list can vary by country or location, in the United States this is fairly standard. What’s your favorite scoop?
- Vanilla – A classic and versatile flavor loved by many. You need to try my EXTRA Vanilla Ice Cream recipe.
- Chocolate – Rich and indulgent, perfect for chocolate enthusiasts.
- Strawberry – A fruity favorite, especially during the summer months.
- Mint Chocolate Chip – Refreshing mint combined with chocolate chips for a delightful combination. My childhood favorite.
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough – Cookie dough flavor mixed into creamy vanilla ice cream. Glad it’s in the top 5!
- Butter Pecan – Creamy ice cream with buttery notes and crunchy pecan pieces.
- Rocky Road – A mix of chocolate ice cream, marshmallows, and nuts.
- Coffee – When you enjoy your favorite brew in ice cream form.
- Cookies and Cream – A delicious blend of vanilla ice cream and crushed chocolate cookies.
- Neapolitan – A trio of flavors in one, usually consisting of chocolate, vanilla, and strawberry side by side.
How to Store No Churn Ice Cream
It’s hard to imagine there will be any leftovers, but just in case there is, here’s my advice on how to store it from when you make through a couple of months.
- Cover the loaf pan: After preparing the ice cream, tightly cover the loaf pan with plastic wrap or aluminum foil. Make sure the wrap is in direct contact with the surface of the ice cream to prevent ice crystals from forming.
- Freeze in the coldest part of the freezer: Place the covered loaf pan in the coldest section of your freezer. The colder the temperature, the better it will preserve the ice cream’s texture and flavor.
- Avoid temperature fluctuations: Try not to open the freezer door frequently. This causes temperature fluctuations that may affect the quality of the ice cream.
- Consume within a reasonable time: While no-churn ice cream can last for 1-2 months in the freezer, it’s best to enjoy it within 1-2 weeks for the best taste and texture.
Follow these steps, to ensure your no-churn chocolate cookie dough ice cream remains fresh and delicious for an extended period.
More Ice Cream Recipes for Hot Summer Days
Life is uncertain, but one thing you can always count on is the comfort of ice cream!
- This pineapple cheesecake ice cream is a cheese-lover’s whimsical dream, no ice cream maker or custard required.
- Quick & delicious strawberry frozen yogurt – a guilt-free dessert in 10 minutes.
- No special equipment is necessary to make this no churn, ultra-creamy, chocolate pretzel ice cream. You’re going to love every bite of this summer classic.
- Fresh peach and cinnamon ice cream is creamy and has a very wonderful delicate peach and cinnamon flavor.
- This luxurious lemon poppy seed ice cream made with sweet lemon curd is all you need to satisfy your lemon-loving dessert cravings.
- Cherry-chocolate chip ice cream packed with fresh cherries and chunks of chocolate.
- Lucky Charms ice cream is not the end of the rainbow, but just the beginning of some magically delicious, cereal-infused milk with pots of gold and colorful marshmallows in every bite.
- Cherry ice cream made with maraschino cherries is so delicious for summertime!
- A copycat Baskin-Robbins flavor, a no churn version of Baseball Nut Ice Cream you can make at home.
When you decide to indulge in the cookielicious goodness of cookie dough ice cream, don’t forget to snap a photo and tag @NOBLEPIG and #noblepig on INSTAGRAM. In a world full of choices, cookie dough ice cream never disappoints.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
How To Make Cookie Dough Ice Cream
Cookie Dough Ice Cream
- Place a loaf pan into the freezer to chill.
- In a large mixing bowl, use an electric mixer to beat cold, heavy cream until stiff peaks form.2 cups heavy cream, cold
- Gently fold in the condensed milk, cake mix and vanilla extract. Stir in the chocolate chips.1 (14 oz) can sweetened condensed milk, 3/4 cup dry yellow cake mix, 1 tsp vanilla extract, 3/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- Remove the loaf pan from the freezer and pour the cookie dough ice cream mixture into the loaf pan and garnish the top of the ice cream with a few extra chocolate chips.extra chocolate chips for garnish (optional)
- Place in the freezer and chill for 6-8 hours in a level spot until the ice cream is set. Serve as a scoop into an ice cream cone or bowl with sprinkles on top.ice cream cones for serving (optional)
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.