A quick and easy breakfast casserole without any of the fuss. This cinnamon roll breakfast bake is sweet, rich and full of flaky layers in every bite.
The Best Breakfast Casserole Recipe
Make it easy on yourself and make this easy cinnamon roll casserole to serve a crowd of family and friends.
I can’t think of anything more pleasant than waking up to the smell of cinnamon rolls baking in the oven.
This recipe highlights all the best tastes and smells of cinnamon rolls, while eradicating the worst part (the work it takes to make them). While authentic, homemade cinnamon rolls are virtually unbeatable, when you’re hosting a large group, this recipe is perfection!
Your family and friends will be jumping out of bed to get to the breakfast table and possibly lingering around the kitchen hoping for a second helping. Make sure you have the coffee ready.
What You’ll Need to Complete This Recipe
refrigerated cinnamon rolls with cream cheese icing – you can substitute any kind of cinnamon rolls you prefer. Using refrigerated rolls makes this recipe super easy. You can use homemade cinnamon roll dough, homemade icing, or another variation of refrigerated rolls if you prefer. Just be sure to use an equal amount so the recipe will be successful.
heavy cream – you can also use half and half or whole milk. Any dairy-free milk should work as well.
cinnamon, nutmeg, cardamom, vanilla extract – flavor boosters
maple syrup – make sure to use pure maple syrup as pancake syrup can be too sweet
GET THE FULL (PRINTABLE) CINNAMON ROLL CASSEROLE RECIPE BELOW. ENJOY!
There are so many delicious side dishes to enjoy with this breakfast casserole.
Home fries or breakfast potatoes are a crunchy breakfast staple, with the right balance of a soft, creamy inside and crispy, crunchy outside.
A fresh fruit salad is the perfect side dish to this delicious breakfast casserole.
Add some protein to this meal by serving it alongside the perfect brunch eggs. These eggs are definitely a crowd pleaser.
Hash browns, bacon and sausage are also a great choice.
Frequently Asked Questions
How Do I Store Any Leftovers?
Store any leftover Cinnamon Roll Casserole in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. Do not freeze any leftovers.
Can I Make This A Day Ahead?
Follow the recipe through step 4 and do not bake it.
Let the mixture sit in the refrigerator overnight and continue with the recipe as written to bake the casserole. You may need to add a few minutes to the bake time since the casserole will be cold.
What Else Can I Add to This Cinnamon Roll Casserole?
Make this a hearty breakfast casserole by adding in cooked and chopped breakfast sausage, bacon, or top with chopped pecans for some crunch!
Other Breakfast Casserole Recipes To Enjoy
- Kielbasa-Bagel Breakfast Casserole
- Bacon, Tomato and Cheddar Breakfast Casserole with Eggs
- Overnight Panettone-Eggnog French Toast
- Streuseled Overnight French Toast
- Mouthwatering Oven Omelet
- Overnight Apple Pie French Toast Bake
FYI: Please join our NOBLE PIG FACEBOOK GROUP for a more in depth look at recipes, cooking tips and other member contributions.
IF YOU DO MAKE SOMETHING FROM NOBLEPIG, IT WOULD BE GREAT TO SEE HOW YOURS TURNED OUT! TAG @NOBLEPIG ON INSTAGRAM WITH YOUR CREATION. DON’T FORGET TO RATE THIS RECIPE AND LEAVE A COMMENT BELOW. ALSO FOLLOW ALONG ON INSTAGRAM, PINTEREST, FACEBOOK AND TWITTER FOR LOTS OF FOOD INSPIRATION AND A PEEK INTO EVERYDAY LIFE.
Cinnamon Roll Casserole
- 2 (12.4 oz/351 g) refrigerated cinnamon rolls with cream cheese icing
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup (188 ml) heavy cream
- 2 tsps ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ground cardamom
- 2 tsps pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup (118 ml) maple syrup
- Preheat your oven to 350° F. Lightly butter a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- Cut cinnamon rolls into pieces, about 1" in size and spread them out evenly in the prepared baking dish. Set the icing aside.
- Add eggs, heavy cream, cinnamon, nutmeg, cardamom and vanilla extract to a large mixing bowl. Whisk until well-combined.
- Carefully pour egg mixture evenly over the cinnamon roll pieces and toss to coat.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until beginning to brown on the edges and top.
- Place icing from the cinnamon rolls into a small bowl and microwave on 50% power for 30-45 seconds or until warmed and slightly melted. Drizzle maple syrup and warmed icing over the casserole and enjoy!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.