Apple Cinnamon Granola, you’ll never buy store-bought granola again! This baked granola is perfect for breakfast or snacking by the handful.
There are so many ways to enjoy granola, whether it’s granola cookies, a granola parfait or vanilla granola with a bowl of milk or granola in ice cream, you just can’t go wrong however you choose to enjoy it.
Apple Cinnamon Granola Recipe
Once you make homemade granola, there is no going back to any store-bought versions. This apple cinnamon version is reminiscent of apple pie with an indulgent touch of caramel syrup added to the mix. It’s absolutely magical.
Granola is one of those food items that can be eaten as breakfast and masquerade as an afternoon snack. It’s easy to eat on the go or you can sit in front of the television and indulge in every bite.
The dried apples and cranberries provide the perfect chew to every bite!
Ingredients For Apple Cinnamon Granola
- old-fashioned oats – you do not want quick cooking oats
- walnuts – make sure they’re fresh, you can substitute pecans
- applesauce – sweetened for the best tasting results
- maple syrup – pure maple syrup, not pancake syrup
- light brown sugar – also known as golden brown
- ice cream caramel syrup – the same syrup you pour over ice cream, found in the ice cream aisle
- ground cinnamon
- table salt
- pure vanilla extract
- ground nutmeg
- dried apples – chop them if they are sold as rings
- dried cranberries
- butter – you want to use salted butter
How To Make Apple Cinnamon Granola
Step one: Preheat the oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit. Prepare a sheet pan by lining it with parchment paper. Set aside.
Step two: In a medium-sized bowl, combine the rolled oats and walnuts. Set aside.
Step three: Over medium heat, in a small saucepan, stir together applesauce, maple syrup, light brown sugar, caramel syrup, and butter. Bring the entire mixture to a boil and boil for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Remove pan from heat and whisk in cinnamon, vanilla extract, and nutmeg until combined.
Step four: Pour mixture over the rolled oats and walnuts. Stir to combine and coat everything.
Step five: Spread the granola over the sheet pan and bake in the oven for 25 minutes. Stir the granola halfway through the baking process.
Step six: Let the granola cool completely before breaking it apart and mix in the dried apples and cranberries.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy here.
- Make sure to use parchment paper or a silpat liner on your baking sheet, otherwise the granola will stick to the pan.
- For a “chunkier” granola, where the oats stick together in chunks, it’s important not to stir the granola after it’s finished baking and still warm. Let it cool completely and then break it up with your hands or a wooden spoon.
How Do I Store This Granola?
Store this granola at room temperature or in the refrigerator in a sealed baggie for up to one month.
You can also freeze it for two months in a sealed container if you want to keep it for longer.
How Can I Serve This Granola?
- Use this granola as trail mix.
- Add it to a smoothie.
- Top your ice cream.
- Enjoy it with milk, like it’s cereal.
- Make a parfait.
- Serve over Greek yogurt.
- Snack on it by itself.
Can I Make Any Substitutions?
Yes! Granola is extremely versatile so feel free to add or subtract anything you want.
For example, you can easily leave out the dried apples or cranberries and add other dried fruit. The nuts can be swapped for any you prefer. And you can easily add chocolate chips or peanut butter chips once it has completely cooled.
IF YOU DO MAKE SOMETHING FROM NOBLEPIG, IT WOULD BE GREAT TO SEE HOW YOURS TURNED OUT! TAG @NOBLEPIG ON INSTAGRAM WITH YOUR CREATION. DON’T FORGET TO RATE THIS RECIPE AND LEAVE A COMMENT BELOW. ALSO FOLLOW ALONG ON INSTAGRAM, PINTEREST, FACEBOOK AND TWITTER FOR LOTS OF FOOD INSPIRATION AND A PEEK INTO EVERYDAY LIFE.
Apple Cinnamon Granola
- 4 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1/3 cup applesauce
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup ice cream caramel syrup
- 4 tbsps butter
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp table salt
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 cup dried apples, chopped if they aren't already
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit. Prepare a sheet pan by lining it with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Ina medium-sized bowl, combine the rolled oats and walnuts. Set aside.
- Over medium heat, in a small saucepan, stir together applesauce, maple syrup, light brown sugar, caramel syrup, and butter. Bring the entire mixture to a boil and boil for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Remove pan from heat and whisk in cinnamon, vanilla extract, and nutmeg until combined.
- Pour mixture over the rolled oats and walnuts. Stir to combine and coat everything.
- Spread the granola over the sheet pan and bake in the oven for 25 minutes. Stir the granola halfway through the baking process.
- Let the granola cool completely before breaking it apart and mix in the dried apples and cranberries.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.