If you are trying to cut sugar out of your diet, this Low Carb Bacon Cheeseburger Salad Recipe is the perfect meal for you. Who needs the bun anyway? You’ll be surprised how much this flavorful salad mimics your favorite burger. A gluten-free
My whole family loves this salad. Not only does it have the perfect crunch (hello dill pickles) it is packed with flavor between the bacon, ground beef and cheese. And the dressing has no added artificial sweeteners, which I tend to shy away from anyway. In fact, this salad won’t taste like anything low carb, it’s just delicious.
I have made lots of “cheeseburger” flavored meals in the past and we still love them. Have you ever tried my Cheeseburger Mac and Cheese or my Roadside Diner Cheeseburger Quiche? They are definitely not low carb, but are so delicious. And speaking of delicious, these Cheeseburger Fillo Squares with Copycat Big Mac Sauce get made frequently for game day. You can’t miss with any of these recipes.
However, for weeknight eating, this salad is the perfect meal and let’s me save the “bad eating” for the weekend, when things like sugar don’t count. Right?
What I like about this salad is I don’t have to mix it altogether if I don’t want to. In fact, I often make it and keep the individual ingredients separate. This allows me to throw together a portion at different times of the day. Keeping ingredients separate also helps if you have a household where everyone is on a different eating schedule or you want to pack some up and take for lunch on the go. It’s versatile either way.
Give this salad a chance and make it for dinner this week, I think you’ll like it.
Looking for other healthy weeknight meals, here are some of my favorites. A month rarely goes by that I don’t make this flavorful Caprese Skillet Chicken. These 30-Minute Weeknight Veggie Quesadillas are the answer to my easy dinner prayers. This Healthy Turkey Bolognese keeps the calories in check. Have you ever made Ground Chicken Lettuce Wraps? It’s time you do. They are perfect for a weeknight meal. This One-Pot Chili Lime Chicken and Quinoa is healthy and delicious without a big mess left to clean up!
Five years ago I posted about this Cucumber, Tomato and Chickpea Salad. It only has one-ingredient for the dressing and that’s all you need. Eight years ago today I posted these Mini Baked Cheesecakes with Strawberries and I still make them for my family. So easy! Nine years ago this Couscous Fruit Salad became a favorite dish to take to a gathering.
Have you joined our private Facebook group yet? I want to see you there!
Low Carb Bacon Cheeseburger Salad
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 Tablespoons reduced sugar ketchup
- 1-1/2 Tablespoons Heavy Whipping Cream (no carbs)
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard
- 1 lb ground beef (88/12 lean)
- 2 large heads of romaine lettuce, chopped
- 4 oz sharp cheddar cheese (grate yourself, these are normally no carb)
- 8 dill pickle slices, chopped (Claussen sandwich slices)
- 3/4 cup bacon crumbles
- For the dressing, combine all ingredients stirring until smooth. Keep refrigerated until ready to use.
- For the salad, cook ground beef over med-high heat until done, seasoning with salt and pepper to your liking. Let cool so it not too hot to wilt the lettuce. In a large bowl combine lettuce, cheese, dill pickle, bacon and ground beef. Toss with dressing or serve individually with dressing on the side.
- Serving size: Serves 8 with 2 Tablespoons of dressing each
- Calories: 407
- Fat: 36 g
- Saturated fat: 10 g
- Carbohydrates: 1 g; Net Carbs 0 g
- Sugar: 2 g
- Fiber: 1 g
- Protein: 18 g
- Cholesterol: 83 mg
If you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #NOBLEPIG on INSTAGRAM so we can see what you’ve made. FOLLOW Noble Pig ON FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER to keep up with all our latest recipes.