If you enjoy BIG and fluffy bakery style muffins, than you're going to LOVE these delicious Bakery Style Strawberry Yogurt Crumb Muffins. They are the perfect way to get your morning started right. The crumb topping adds the perfect sweetness.
Starting with the beginning of spring and throughout summer, I always overbuy strawberries. I purchase baskets and baskets just so I have excuses to make them into cakes, ice creams, cookies or anything sweet and delicious I can think conjure up in my mind.
These Bakery Style Strawberry Yogurt Crumb Muffins were definitely born from a large over-purchase of fruit. In the past I have made these Soft Baked Strawberry Shortcake Cookies with my extra strawberries as well as The Fluffiest Strawberry Mousse. And let's not leave out my Strawberry-Banana Crumble which is a great way to use up that basket of "too many" strawberries.
I think the crumb topping is what really makes these muffins one of my favorites. It adds the perfect sweetness, like all crumb topping should.. You'll want to settle in with one of these and a hot cup of coffee. Soon.
I love these particular baking cups because they sit higher than the wells of the muffin tin and capture any baking overflow. They look pretty too. I love them for all the muffins and keep them stocked in my pantry.
I like to chop my strawberries into about half-inch pieces as shown above. Anything bigger and it creates too much stickiness with the muffin liner.
This is before adding the crumb topping. I could eat this batter by the spoonful, but let's keep that a secret.
The recipe makes a dozen muffins, which is the perfect amount when it comes to not over-indulging. However, it can easily be doubled.
Did I mention how perfect these muffins are for a brunch? And they are best if made the day before, so it works out perfectly for having guests over.
The middle is packed with strawberries, just like you imagined.
I know you are going to thoroughly enjoy these muffins.
There are so many different Bakery style muffins out there to enjoy. I'm sure these Bakery Style Blueberry Muffins are amazing as they look. And these Bakery Style Almond-Poppy Seed Muffins are one of my favorites. When the fall season hits I am going to be making these Bakery Style Chocolate Chunk Pumpkin Muffins. And these Bakery Style Cranberry Streusel Oatmeal Muffins have me looking forward to holiday entertaining with these on the brunch buffet.
Bakery Style Strawberry Yogurt Crumb Muffins
- 1/2 cup golden brown sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 Tablespoons butter
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 cup hulled, chopped strawberries
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup vanilla Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- For the Crumb Topping, in a small bowl mix all ingredients together, using your fingers to press together into a crumb-like texture. Set aside.
- For the muffin batter, in a medium bowl whisk together flour, sugar and baking soda. Stir in chopped strawberries. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, yogurt, butter and vanilla extract. Gradually stir the dry ingredients into the wet until fully combined.
- Spray paper muffin liners with cooking spray. Divide batter evenly among a 12-cup muffin tin. Sprinkle muffins evenly with crumb topping. Bake for 18-25 minutes in a 375 degree F oven until the tops are golden brown and a toothpick in the center comes back clean.
- Remove immediately from muffin tins and cool on a wire rack. Will keep up to three days in a tightly sealed container.