I can’t think of a better party dessert! This Strawberry-Chocolate Chip Ice Cream Cake is a cinch to put together and don’t even get me started on the delicious factor. I can’t think of a better cake to celebrate a special birthday.
My family is kind of obsessed with ice cream cakes. I don’t blame them, nor do I mind. They are so easy to make and since I’m the “maker”, how can I complain? This strawberry version is just as loved as my Whoppers-Malted Milk Ice Cream Cake. No one can ever decide which one they want me to make because they love them equally.
And because this cake is made in a springform pan, it comes out beautifully every, single time. It unmolds perfectly after sitting on the counter for five minutes. And slices without issue.
I like to toss a few strawberries on the serving plate but there are no fresh strawberries in this cake. The ice cream I use does have its own bits of strawberry in it.
I think whipped cream might be in order?
Right there…there are the bits of strawberry. I used chocolate wafers for the crust, they taste so much better than chocolate graham crackers. Either one will do the job, the wafers just have a deeper chocolate taste.
This can be kept in the freezer for several weeks, just keep it tightly wrapped. Slice off a piece at your leisure, which will surely be every, single day until it’s gone.
There are so many fabulous ice cream cake recipes to make and enjoy. I love the sound of this Nutella Crunch Ice Cream Cake. And who wouldn’t love this Reese’s Ice Cream Cake? But then this Homemade No-Churn Funfetti Ice Cream Cake gives all the memories of high school and funfetti everything. And then bam…I see this Root Beer Float Ice Cream Cake and I’m mesmerized. I think I’ll have to make them all.
Four years ago I showed you how we decorated my Thirteen Year Old Boy’s Bedroom (he’s seventeen now ~and looking at colleges…time flies). And six years ago I made this delicious Apple Matzo Cake…you try it for Passover.
Have you joined our private Facebook group yet? I want to see you there!
Strawberry-Chocolate Chip Ice Cream Cake
- 1-2/3 cups crushed chocolate wafers or graham crackers (wafers are better)
- 1/ 4 cup sugar
- 4 Tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and slightly cooled
- 2 quarts best quality strawberry ice cream, melted
- 12 ounces semi-sweet mini chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup strawberry milk powder (such as Nesquick)
- 7 oz semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- mini chococlate chips for sprinkling
- For crust, preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Crush wafers in a food processor until finely ground. Add sugar and butter and pulse until fully combined. Press the mixture into the bottom and up the sides of a 10” springform pan. The crumb mixture will be very dry. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until firm and set. Let cool completely.
- In a large bowl, stir ice cream, mini chocolate chips and strawberry milk powder (if you don't have a REALLY large bowl, you might want to do this in two separate bowls, splitting the ingredients). Spread the ice cream mixture evenly over the cooled crust, making the top smooth. Freeze for one hour.
- To make the topping, place heavy cream in a small saucepan over medium-high heat and bring to a boil. Pour over chocolate chips and let sit for 1 minute. Whisk chocolate until very smooth and pour over the partially frozen ice cream cake. Sprinkle with extra mini chocolate chips. Freeze until firm, another 6 hours or overnight.
- Remove cake from freezer and let sit for 5 minutes. Loosen pan sides and run a knife around the inside of pan. Remove cake pan, sides and bottom and place on a serving plate. Use a sharp knife
If you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #NOBLEPIG on INSTAGRAM so we can see what you’ve made. FOLLOW Noble Pig ON FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER to keep up with all our latest recipes.