This Whoppers-Malted Milk Ice Cream Cake will become your go-to party cake this season. It is absolutely a cinch to put together and turns out perfect every time. Get this on your table soon.
My oldest son has declared this…”the best thing you have ever made.” He’s already requesting it for his birthday next March. I don’t blame him…it really is so, so good…it’s one of those sweets you crave (kind of like this Old-Fashioned Chocolate Cake or this Buttery Almond Pound Cake) after you’ve had a slice. It is the perfect combination of flavor and especially texture. Texture is so important!
And it’s a big cake, made in a 10″ springform pan, perfect for summer parties or Spring gatherings. It freezes well, unmolds well…it’s all around super-easy, just like you want your summer to be. At the same time it’s impressive in it’s girth (it’s heavy) and taste. I will be making this again and again. It always amazes me how easy it is to make something so delicious.
Growing up we never had ice cream cake/pies. I don’t even remember a Baskin-Robbins cake making an appearance. But my mom is a baker so I guess that is the reason. Anyway, with temps finally hitting the 80’s in the Pacific Northwest, this has been the perfect indulgence.
I hope you give it a try, you won’t be disappointed.
Sorry, but you won’t be able to stop thinking about this delicious cake while it’s in the freezer…
There are so many great ice cream cakes out there! You could make one every week if you wanted to give yourself a challenge. I definitely have my eye on this Root Beer Float Ice Cream Cake and this Cookies and Cream Ice Cream Cake for my next celebration. This Mint Oreo Fudge Ice Cream Cake would be very popular with my kids. I would probably be willing to walk a few extra miles for a slice of this Tiramisu Ice Cream Cake. Which one is your favorite?
Whoppers-Malted Milk Ice Cream Cake
- 1-2/3 cups crushed chocolate graham crackers
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 4 Tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and slightly cooled
- 1 (12 ounce) carton Whoppers or malted milk balls
- 2 quarts best quality vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1/2 cup malted milk powder
- 7 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- For crust, preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Crush graham crackers in a food processor until finely ground. Add sugar and butter and pulse until fully combined. Press the mixture into the bottom and up the sides of a 10” springform pan . The crumb mixture will be very dry. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until firm and set. Let cool completely.
- Place Whoppers into a ziplock bag. Seal the bag and crush the candies with a mallet or a rolling pin. Put to the side a 1/2 cup of crushed Whoppers to be used as part of the topping. In a large bowl, stir ice cream , malted milk powder and remaining crushed Whoppers. Spread the ice cream mixture evenly over the cooled crust, making the top smooth. Freeze for one hour.
- To make the topping, place heavy cream in a small saucepan over medium-high heat and bring to a boil. Pour over chocolate chips and let sit for 1 minute. Whisk chocolate until very smooth and pour over the partially frozen ice cream cake. Sprinkle with reserved crushed Whoppers. Freeze until firm, another 6 hours or overnight.
- Remove cake from freezer and let sit for 5 minutes. Loosen pan sides and run a knife around the inside of pan. Remove cake pan, sides and bottom and place on a serving plate. Use a sharp knife to cut into wedges
If you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #NOBLEPIG on INSTAGRAM so we can see what you’ve made. FOLLOW Noble Pig ON FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER to keep up with all our latest recipes.