This Beer-Cider Slam is here just in time to help cheer on your team for March Madness! Have you ever tried a beer cocktail? It’s time, it’s time…you’ll be surprised how awesome they are.
One of life’s biggest decisions…should I have a beer or a cocktail? So why not both?
By itself, beer right out of the bottle is the perfect, self-contained beverage. Its naturally bitter and sweet taste, effervescence (who doesn’t appreciate bubbles?) and lower alcohol content are all a plus.
So why mess with a good thing…..?
Because it’s fun to rearrange a classic, that’s why!
And when you start experimenting with beer “cocktails,” you get surprisingly great results.
The combinations are endless, so you’re almost guaranteed to create something really unique.
If you’re curious but not yet convinced, start by mixing your favorite beer with nonalcoholic ingredients like citrus juices, spices or even hot sauce (yes, hot sauce). The taste will be eye-opening.
Adding a little something sweet to a bitter beer changes it into a completely different beverage. Sometimes just combining two different types of ales can be a welcome change when it comes to taste and appeal.
With basketball playoffs on the horizon, why not root your team to victory with this beer-cider cocktail? You’ll be shocked at how a few ingredients can elevate your regular, beloved beer into a flavor powerhouse. I promise this will be a slam dunk with your friends.
Other Beer Cocktail Recipes You Might Enjoy:
- Three Years Ago: Cheesy Italian Pressure Cooker Potatoes
- Five Years Ago: Busy Mom’s Mini King Cakes
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon fine salt
- One bottle (12 oz) light-colored beer that's not too bitter (such as Hefeweizen), chilled and divided
- One bottle (12 oz) hard cider, chilled and divided
- 2 oz Cointreau, divided
- Apple slices and cinnamon sticks for garnish (optional)
- Mix together the sugar, cinnamon and salt and sprinkle on a flat plate or surface. Dip the rim of each glass into the vanilla extract, then the cinnamon-sugar mixture.
- Pour 6 ounces beer, 6 ounces hard cider and 1 ounce Cointreau into each glass. Stir lightly with a spoon. Garnish each glass with a cinnamon stick and apple slices.
- Serve immediately.
If you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #NOBLEPIG on INSTAGRAM so we can see what you’ve made. FOLLOW Noble Pig ON FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER to keep up with all our latest recipes.