I am really enjoying my pressure cooker. I hope some of you still on the fence will finally take the leap and try the pressure cooker out. It will save you time, money and energy. Not to mention the delicious dinners you will be able to create in literally minutes.
We love red potatoes at our house and I served these alongside grilled rib-eye steaks the other night. I think I’m just surprised at the texture after a short cooking time…they are just perfect.
One pound of red potatoes scrubbed and quartered were enough for the four of us for dinner.
Sauteing the potatoes in butter will give them a brown, appetizing color.
I know I’ve talked here about Litehouse Freeze Dried Herbs and how much I love them. This is their Italian seasoning. Look at the size of the herbs, so much better than the ground versions Find them if you can.
The potatoes have finished cooking and are looking delicious.
Sprinkled with cheese they are packed with flavor and make the perfect side dish for almost any meal. It is really surprising how much flavor is infused during the cooking process.
Cheesy-Italian Pressure Cooker Potatoes
- 1 pound small-medium red potatoes, quartered
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning (if yours is finely ground then 1 teaspoon)
- kosher salt
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmigiano-Reggiano
- Melt butter in pressure cooker over medium heat. Saute potatoes until slightly browned.
- Add broth to the pressure cooker. Sprinkle with Italian seasoning.
- Close cover securely; place pressure regulator on vent pipe. Bring cooker to full pressure over high heat. Once a steady stream of steam is established, turn heat down to med-high to keep the stream going; cook for five minutes. Adjust the heat if needed.
- Remove from heat and immediately release pressure until it is completely reduced. Place potatoes on a serving tray and sprinkle with kosher salt and cheese. Serve immediately.
Try and enjoy! The sprinkling of cheese is the perfect finish.
Two Years Ago: Busy Mom’s King Cake
Four Years Ago: If You Are Wearing These…We Need to Have an Intervention