Make dinner fun with this Quick Chicken Tortilla Pie. Made in layers with a springform pan, it’s time to wow the family with this delicious dinner. See this recipe MADE ON VIDEO HERE.
The New Year brings on so many possibilities and ideas, especially when it comes to food. I wasn’t sure if my idea for this Chicken Tortilla Pie would work as planned. I worried the layers would not hold together when I sliced it up for serving.
Apparently, I had nothing to be concerned about because it sliced better than I imagined with everything holding together perfectly. And the best part…it tastes delicious, like more work went into it than it actually did. This is always a bonus.
Chicken Tortilla Pie is the perfect dish for a quick evening meal or game day in front of the TV. Go team!. The fresh salsa on top was also a key component. It gave the whole dish a fresh taste and an appetizing look. I think avocado slices would also take this dish up another notch.
The chicken is seasoned quickly and easily with prepared taco seasoning.
Using chicken breast fillets or tenderloins cuts down the cooking time.
Place a tortilla on the bottom of a 10″ springform pan and sprinkle with cheese. Add chicken, black beans, corn and sprinkle with a little more cheese. Repeat these layers two more times, ending with a tortilla on top. Spray the top tortilla with cooking spray.
It tastes as good as it looks.
Place on a cutting board and have everyone serve themselves while you sit and relax.
Everyone is going to love this, I can pretty much promise you that.
You can easily add ingredients to spice this up to your liking, however, stay away from anything runny or wet in between the tortilla layers. You don’t want this to be soggy.
Quick Chicken Tortilla Pie
- 1-1/2 pounds fresh chicken breast fillets or tenderloins
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2-3 Tablespoons taco seasoning
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- cooking spray
- 2 cups finely shredded, Mexican cheese
- 4-burrito sized Mission tortillas
- 1 (14.5 oz) can black beans, drained, rinsed, divided
- 1 (14.5 oz) can sweet corn, drained and divided
- fresh salsa, cilantro, green onion and sour cream for garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper. Sprinkle chicken on all sides with taco seasoning.
- Add oil to a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Cook chicken on both sides until juices run clear, about 8-10 minutes. Remove from pan and slice into ¾” pieces.
- Spray bottom and sides of a 10” springform pan with cooking spray. Place a tortilla on the bottom and sprinkle with cheese. Add chicken, black beans, corn and sprinkle with a little more cheese. Repeat these layers two more times, ending with a tortilla on top. Spray the top tortilla with cooking spray.
- Place in the oven for 20 minutes. Let sit for 5 minutes before unmolding the 10” springform pan and slicing the pie. Serve with your garnish of choice.
Other Chicken Tortilla Pie-Like Recipes You Might Enjoy:
- Chicken Tortilla Stack
- Southwestern Chicken Taco Pie
- Quesadilla Pie
- Slow Cooker Mexican Tortilla Pie
- One Year Ago: Easy Sticky Toffee Pudding Cake with Boozy Toffee Sauce
- Two Years Ago: Rosemary-Garlic (low-calorie) Dip
- Three Years Ago: The Best Yellow Birthday cake with Chocolate Icing
Please note, this post also contains affiliate links.