I'm really excited to share these awesome Cheesy Cauliflower "Ranch" Bites with you. They are addictive though, so fair warning. Luckily the recipe makes 30 little bites, which will disappear quickly. This can also be easily doubled or tripled for a larger crowd. It's great for Game Day or any gathering you might have coming up over the next year.
When I started playing with these ingredients, I never imagined how could these would taste. The crunchy shell adds a nice texture to each bite. And because you are not "cooking" anything, they essentially need to go into the oven to melt the cheese and crisp the shells, about 10 minutes. If you have a convection oven you can make several trays at once, but I would turn down the temperature by 25 degrees.
Mini fillo shells are one of the handiest and most versatile food items the kitchen. I keep them in the freezer at all times for when inspiration hits.
The cauliflower filling is mounded high over the shell, a little more than a Tablespoon is the perfect amount.
The extra sharp cheddar is in the filling and then placed on top for the ultimate cheesy taste. Green onions are then sprinkled on top. They look good enough to eat just like this.
One bite or two? They can definitely be eaten in one bite, but two lets you savor them more. You decide.
These are amazingly tasty treats, I hope you enjoy them.
Cheesy Cauliflower Ranch Bites
- 2 cups chopped cauliflower, blanched* (make sure cauliflower is as dry as possible before adding to the cheese mixture)
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2-1/2 cups packed, finely shredded extra sharp cheddar cheese, divided (shred yourself)
- 2 Tablespoons finely chopped green onion, plus more for garnish
- 1 Tablespoon ranch dressing powder
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
- 2 (1.9 oz) packages mini fillo shells
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl combine cream cheese, mayonnaise, 1 cup of the shredded cheese, green onions, ranch powder and black pepper. Beat with a hand mixer until fully incorporated. Stir in cauliflower.
- Add 1 mounded Tablespoon of cauliflower mixture to each phyllo shell. Add a large pinch of remaining cheese to the top of each mound of cauliflower. Sprinkle each with more green onion for garnish.
- Bake in the oven for 10 minutes or until cheese is melted and shell is slightly crisp. Serve immediately.
- *Blanching cauliflower is easy. Bring a pot of water to a boil, add cauliflower florets to the water and let boil for 2-3 minutes or just until softened. Remove from water and immediately plunge them into ice water to stop the cooking process. Let them sit in ice water for 2 minutes. Remove to a paper towel lined tray.
Two Years Ago: Penne Pasta Pizza Bake
Five Years Ago: Individual Chocolate Surprise Cakes
Six Years Ago: How Do You Give?
Other Cauliflower Bite Recipes You Might Enjoy:
Spicy Buffalo Cauliflower Bites
Crispy Parmesan Cauliflower Bites
Cheesy Baked Cauliflower Tots