A sweet butter cookie, made with crunchy Panko crumbs. The texture from the Panko adds a unique twist to these otherwise melt in your mouth cookies.
Panko Cookies Recipe
When you cross Panko crumbs with all the ingredients for a melt-in-your-mouth, sweet butter cookie, magic happens.
I remember when I used to use just regular bread crumbs, until panko came into my life. I absolutely love the texture it gives fried foods and the flakes tend to stay crispier longer than standard breadcrumbs.
Panko is made from crustless bread, unlike regular breadcrumbs.
As a result, they absorb less grease and give a better crunch to food in general. It’s the reason I had to make these cookies. I knew they would have the perfect crunchy texture…and they did. You will not be disappointed.
The Panko Cookies are an absolute hit at my house.
Honestly they are the perfect crunch.
You would be hard-pressed to find another cookie without nuts as crunchy as this one.
If I were you, I’d make a double batch!
These cookies melt in your mouth and hold up well over several days.
Have you joined our private Facebook group yet? I want to see you there!
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar, sifted
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup Panko bread crumbs
- 2 cups of sifted powdered sugar for coating
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a cookie tray with aluminum foil, parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- In a mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, cream the butter, powdered sugar and vanilla on medium speed until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add the flour and Panko on low speed until blended.
- Scoop the dough onto the prepared tray (use a one ounce ice cream scoop). Press down slightly on the dough to flatten it to about 1/2 inch tall. Bake for 7 minutes, rotate the cookie sheet, and then bake 7 to 8 minutes more or until bottoms of cookies are slightly browned.
- Cool 10 minutes on baking sheet. Roll warm cookies in the powdered sugar until evenly coated. Place on a wire rack to cool completely before tossing again in the powdered sugar. Store in an airtight container at room temperature.
If you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #NOBLEPIG on INSTAGRAM so we can see what you’ve made. FOLLOW Noble Pig ON FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER to keep up with all our latest recipes.