Last weekend I went to a wine auction and indulged in some amazing chocolate-peanut butter brownies. Needless to say I thought about them all week. On about the third day of having brownie on the brain, I figured I better make a batch for myself. Does anyone else daydream about dessert like this?
Truthfully these are really, really easy to make. It just takes time with cooling and I like to let them sit overnight in the refrigerator. This is how you get those really nice side cuts for brownies.
Using parchment paper and this awesome pan (no edges) allows you to lift them right out as a block. They are much easier to cut this way.
It’s hard to eat just one or four.
Layered Chocolate and Peanut Butter Brownies
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, more for greasing
- 2 ounces good quality unsweetened chocolate (70-85% cacao)
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon table salt
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1-1/3 cups powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons milk
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup butter
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Prepare an 8″ x 8′ baking dish by greasing it with butter. Then line the pan with parchment paper (let two ends overhang) and grease it as well.
- In a 2-quart saucepan over low-heat, melt butter with unsweetened chocolate, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon. Remove the pan from the heat and stir in sugar. Stir in eggs and vanilla extract to make into a smooth batter. Add flour and salt; stir until incorporated. Pour the batter into the lined dish and spread evenly.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Let cool completely.
- To prepare filling, add all ingredients into a medium sized bowl and use a hand mixer to beat until smooth. Spread evenly over cooled brownies and completely to the edge of the pan.
- In a small saucepan add chocolate chips and butter. Melt over low heat. Cool for 10-15 minutes before spreading evenly over peanut butter filling. Place in the refrigerator overnight to set.
- Run knife alongside edges of pan not covered with parchment and using the parchment overhangs, remove brownies. They will be hard-solid. Cut into squares with a large knife.
Other Peanut Butter-Chocolate Bars You Might Enjoy:
- 4 Layer Peanut Butter Cheesecake Brownies
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Brownies
- No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars
- 5 Ingredient Triple Decker Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars