Cherry-Berry Crumble – a fresh cherry and raspberry filling covered with the most spectacular, crumbly topping you won’t be able to resist. One of the best fresh cherry desserts!
Fresh cherries make the most wonderful, summertime desserts. Whether it’s a fresh cherry coffee cake, a delicious cherry clafoutis or a scoop of fresh cherry ice cream, this summer fruit is always a welcomed, seasonal treat.
Fresh Cherry-Berry Crumble Recipe
I’m at a loss for words when it comes to describing how good this rustic, cherry crumble tastes. It turns out combining raspberries with fresh cherries for a filling is a really good idea! The topping is also irresistible so there’s that.
Related: Blackberry Crumble Recipe
A big scoop of vanilla ice cream on top is optional, but do everything you can to make it happen.
This is quite possibly the epitome of the perfect summer dessert when cherries are their sweetest.
Ingredients for Fresh Cherry-Berry Crumble
The topping is the best, thick and crumbly. It’s made of dark brown sugar, flour, oats, butter, cinnamon and salt.
And the filling is simple – you’ll need fresh cherries and raspberries, sugar, water and cornstarch for thickening.
How to Make Fresh Cherry-Berry Crumble
Make the crumble using your hands. All ingredients are tossed into a bowl and smushed together with your fingers to make clumps.
The fresh fruit filling is simmered on the stovetop to soften the fruit before it goes in to the ramekins.
Top each ramekin with the crumble and bake until fruit is bubbling.
Let cool slightly before serving and top with vanilla ice cream.
Make sure the butter is softened before making the crumble.
Use old-fashioned oats, not quick cooking oats for the crumble.
Use a cherry pitter to pit your cherries.
Cover your baking tray in aluminum foil for easy cleanup.
Crumbles should cool at least twenty minutes on a cooling rack before serving so juices thicken. They can be served warm or at room temperature.
Store any leftovers in the refrigerator for up to three days.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Helpful Items To Make This Recipe
If you don’t already have a cherry pitter, I suggest getting one, it’s a total timesaver when it comes to making this recipe.
A kitchen scale to help you weigh your cherries.
The shallow ramekins to make your dessert.
Other Fresh Cherry Recipes You Might Enjoy
Sweet Cherry Freezer Jam is one of my favorites, but so is this Fresh Corn and Cherry Salad. It wouldn’t be summer without a batch of the best Cherry-Orange Sangria or a Fresh Cherry Cinnamon-Clove Pie.
IF YOU DO MAKE SOMETHING FROM NOBLEPIG, IT WOULD BE GREAT TO SEE HOW YOURS TURNED OUT! TAG @NOBLEPIG ON INSTAGRAM WITH YOUR CREATION. DON’T FORGET TO RATE THIS RECIPE AND LEAVE A COMMENT BELOW. ALSO FOLLOW ALONG ON INSTAGRAM, PINTEREST, FACEBOOK AND TWITTER FOR LOTS OF FOOD INSPIRATION AND A PEEK INTO EVERYDAY LIFE.
Fresh Cherry-Berry Crumble
- 3/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 tsps ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp table salt
- 2 lbs. fresh cherries, pitted
- 1-1/2 cups fresh raspberries
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup water
- 3-1/2 tbsps cornstarch
- vanilla ice cream (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- For the crumble, add all ingredients to a medium sized bowl and used your fingers to combine until mixture is crumbly. Set aside.
- For the filling, add all ingredients to a large pot and bring to a low simmer on the stove over low heat. Once simmering, cook for 10 minutes, stirring often. It is okay to break up some of the cherries as they soften. Remove from heat when done.
- Lightly spray eight (6-ounce) ramekins with cooking spray. Divide filling among all eight dishes. Divide topping among all eight dishes as well. Place ramekins on a large baking tray covered with aluminum foil. Bake for 22 minutes or until edges are bubbly.
- Remove from oven and let sit for 20 minutes before serving. You can serve warm or room temperature with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.