If you love decadence in your dessert…THESE BROWNIES will do the trick.
Since Valentine’s Day is right around the corner, it’s time to make a meal plan that says “love” through food. I always think Valentine’s dessert should be a little over the top. These definitely fit the bill. Just look at them.
I refrained from adding nuts because my kids don’t like them in brownies but if I made them for myself, walnuts be in there too.
My inspiration for these was a half a jar of caramel I found in the fridge. It needed a new life.
What could be better than a warm, gooey brownie……maybe winning the lotto, but this is more of a sure thing!
I know you will enjoy these!
Ooey Gooey Brownies for Lovers
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 3 large eggs, divided
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup butterscotch chips
- 1 cup (1.5 ounces) mini marshmallows (the real tiny ones)
- 1/2 cup caramel ice cream topping
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease an 8-inch square baking pan.
- Combine flour, cocoa and salt in a bowl. Cream butter and sugars together until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes. Add two of the eggs and the vanilla. Beat until well combined.
- Gradually add in flour mixture. Remove 3/4 cup of the batter and set aside. Spread remaining batter into baking pan. Sprinkle butterscotch chips and mini marshmallows over batter. Pour caramel over top.
- Beat remaining egg leftover batter until fully combined. Stir in chocolate chips. Spread over caramel evenly.
- Bake for 35 minutes until center is set on top. Cool completely before cutting into squares.
What are you serving for Valentine’s Day…I’d love to know?
Two Years Ago: Cupid’s Arrow Misses Target
Three Years Ago: Grilled Glazed Pineapple