A Daiquiri mixer and tequila give these Strawberry Margarita Cakes Bites their namesake. The lime zested whipped cream flecked with sea salt is reminiscent of a salted rim on a margarita glass. Everyone is going to reach for seconds.
It’s been kind of cold to sip on a margarita, but there is no reason why we shouldn’t enjoy the margarita flavor in our cake. Aren’t the color of these Strawberry Margarita Cake Bites so pretty and timely for Valentine’s Day? I thought you might agree.
At first glance this looks like a girly dessert, but rest assured I have been feeding these cake bites to men; my husband, the contractor’s currently working in my house and my boys…all have loved this cake. It really is delicious.
For the strawberry margarita flavor, I used Bacardi Daiquiri Mixer and then added tequila to make it margarita-esque. The tequila added a nice background flavor, not that sharp boozy taste you often get when alcohol is added to a dessert like this. I want to serve alongside my Cocoa Mocha Cupcakes and Ooey Gooey Brownies for the perfect dessert buffet.
I flecked the whipped cream with lime zest and sprinkled French Grey Sea Salt on top to mimic the salt around the edge of a margarita glass.
I used my 2-1/2″ biscuit cutter to make the little rounds. Biscuit cutters are extremely handy to have around the kitchen. Once you cut out the rounds, you will be left with the unused edges of the cake. Cut the leftovers into squares and make mini trifles that include whipped cream and strawberries too. You don’t want the extra cake to go to waste.
I also refrigerated the cake until serving time. It was a nice touch to serve it cold…just like an icy margarita!!
This will be a big hit when you serve it.
Who doesn’t love a little bit of “adult beverage” in their dessert? These Boozy Brownies work for me along with this Boozy Slow Cooker Chocolate Fondue. I sure wouldn’t mind a slice of this Pina Colada Poke Cake. And then there is this Whisky Peach Cobbler…eyes pop out of head. And I would never turn a slice of this Kahlua Coffee Cake…not in a million years.
Three years ago I made Ranch Mac & Cheese and my kiddos still ask for it.
FYI: Please join our NEW NOBLE PIG FACEBOOK GROUP for a more in depth look at recipes, cooking tips and other member contributions.
Strawberry Margarita Cake Bites
- One package white cake mix
- 3 egg whites
- 2/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup Bacardi Strawberry Daiquiri Mixer (if you buy the frozen one, thaw it first)
- 1/3 cup tequila (I used Patron silver)
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 Tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 2 Tablespoons lime zest plus more for garnish
- French grey sea salt or fleur de sel
- fresh strawberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine cake mix with egg whites, water, oil, strawberry mix and tequila. Beat for 2-3 minutes on high until smooth.
- Pour batter into a 13 x 9 inch baking dish that has been greased and floured. Bake for 30 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Cool completely. I like to serve my cake cold for this recipe so you can refrigerate for up to one day at this point.
- Using a 2-1/2-inch biscuit cutter, cut 12 circles out of the cake (more if you can).
- Make the whipped cream by beating the heavy cream, sugar and lime zest until stiff peaks form.
- Garnish each cake round with more lime zest, sea salt and fresh strawberries.
If you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #NOBLEPIG on INSTAGRAM so we can see what you’ve made. FOLLOW Noble Pig ON FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER to keep up with all our latest recipes.