You will have to hide these Coconut-Pineapple Cupcakes with Pineapple-Cream Cheese Frosting from yourself. They are sticky, sweet and perfectly delicious. It's hard to describe with words just how yummy they taste. See this recipe MADE ON VIDEO HERE.
I was in the mood for a sweet, sticky cake. Something moist and delicious, with two of my favorite ingredients...coconut and pineapple. I started messing around with some ingredients and settled on these. These Coconut-Pineapple Cupcakes with Pineapple-Cream Cheese Frosting were exactly what I was hoping for. The crunch of the walnuts were the perfect textural change with the sweet cake.
These cupcakes are the perfect nod to any Hawaiian inspired meal. They are just as amazing as my Coconut Overload Cupcakes with Coconut-Cream Cheese Frosting or my Gratineed Pineapple. In fact, you should try them all.
I recently took these to a back-to-school event and honestly I've never seen a dessert disappear so fast. The Pineapple-Cream Cheese Frosting is so good...addictive in its own way.
You don't even have to use a mixer for the batter, just a wooden spoon. However, I did use my Kitchen Aid mixer for the frosting, you really need to do that.
I have since hidden these Coconut-Pineapple Cupcakes with Pineapple-Cream Cheese Frosting from myself. I placed them in the garage refrigerator. At least they are not staring at me every time I open the inside refrigerator. I would have eaten a half dozen of them by now...instead I've only had two. They are dangerously delicious.
I hope you like these, they are a perfect end of summer treat.
Perfect for a luau...are you having one?
They are so many amazing cupcakes to make and try. I have these Cherry Coke Float Cupcakes on my list to make. And who wouldn't want a dozen of these Apple Pie Cupcakes to show up? These Fluffy Raspberry Lime Cupcakes have my mouth watering. And my kids love these Monster Cookie Dough Cupcakes. These Muddy Buddies Cupcakes are genius don't you think? Which one will you make first?
Coconut-Pineapple Cupcakes with Pineapple-Cream Cheese Frosting
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 eggs lightly beaten
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple, with juice, undrained
- 1 cup sweetened, shredded coconut
- 1 cup walnuts, coarsely chopped, more to garnish
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 teaspoons pineapple juice (from another small can of crushed pineapple)
- 2 Tablespoons crushed pineapple, chopped
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Place cupcake liners in muffin tin.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking soda, eggs, pineapple, coconut and walnuts. Stir until just combined.
- Fill cupcake liners with batter 3/4 of the way full and bake for approximately 33 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes on a wire rack and then gently remove cupcakes from the pan. Cool completely.
- In another bowl, beat butter and cream cheese until smooth. Gradually beat in confectioners' sugar, pineapple juice and pineapple until combined. Frost cooled cupcakes and garnish with more chopped walnuts.