This Pumpkin Pie Martini recipe is a guaranteed hit of any holiday cocktail party. This made for Thanksgiving cocktail puts a whole new spin on what you should be drinking this fall. If you’re hosting a Thanksgiving cocktail party this is a must serve!
If you are even thinking about serving cocktails for Thanksgiving, Halloween or Christmas this easy Pumpkin Pie Martini needs to be on your short list!. While Champagne is always a good celebratory drink, along with beer and wine, this holiday cocktail is next-level. If you’ve never enjoyed a pumpkin pie cocktail, this is your chance to experience something different.
The Pumpkin Pie Martini is very desserty. I have served them during cocktail hour and during dessert. One batch will make four cocktails and these martinis are the quintessential party cocktails for the upcoming holiday season.
No one will forget these very special cocktails (or maybe they will depending on how many they have).
Still Looking For Holiday Cocktail Recipes: Try These:
- Cranberry-Spiced Martini Cocktail
- Happy Elf Cocktail
- New Year’s Eve Countdown Cocktail
- Sparkling Tropical Mimosa Punch
- World’s Best Cosmopolitan Cocktail
- Pumpkin Spice Mule
What Does Creme de Cacao Taste Like?
Creme de Cacao is a flavored, alcoholic liqueur. The best way to describe it would be chocolate bean with a hint of vanilla. However, Creme de Cacao is completely different from a chocolate liqueur, which would be more viscous, like syrup and much sweeter. There is a dark and white (clear) version of Creme de Cacao and you definitely want the white (clear) version for this pumpkin pie martini recipe.
Is There a Non-Alcoholic Substitute For Creme de Cacao?
Try using 3 tablespoons of water and 3/4 teaspoons of chocolate extract for every 1/4 cup of Creme de Cacao called for in a recipe.
How Do I Make A Pumpkin Pie Martini?
- Make the frozen whipped cream first so it can setup in the freezer before the cocktails are poured.
- Rim each martini glass with cinnamon sugar and place the glasses in the freezer or refrigerator before serving (at least 30 minutes)
- Fill a cocktail shaker halfway with ice before adding vodka, creme de cacao, heavy cream and pumpkin pie spice.
- Shake cocktail shaker vigorously (at least fifty times) before straining into prepared martini glasses
- Top each cocktail with frozen whipped cream and sprinkle with additional pumpkin pie spice.
Halloween Party Menu
Here is a Halloween Party Menu I have served in the past where these pumpkin pie martinis made their first appearance. Recipes are basically adapted to go along with the names of these dishes on signs. It’s always a lot of fun.
Sounds good doesn’t it?
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy here.
What Equipment Do I Need For The Best Pumpkin Pie Martinis?
- Most importantly you want a smallish martini glass. These cocktails are rich so a smaller glass is best.
- A cocktail shaker is a must.
- If you’re making the frozen whipped cream, a pastry bag and tip are needed.
Please join our NOBLE PIG FACEBOOK GROUP for a more in depth look at recipes, cooking tips and other member contributions.
Pumpkin Pie Martini Recipe
Frozen Whipped Cream: (optional)
- 1/2 cup heavy cream*
- 2 tbsps confectioners' sugar
- 2-3 tsps cinnamon sugar for the rim
- 1/4 cup vanilla vodka such as Absolut brand
- 1/4 cup Creme de Cacao liqueur (clear)**
- 1/2 cup heavy cream*
- 1-1/2 tsps pumpkin pie spice, more for sprinkling on top
- Dip the edges of your martini glasses in water or Creme de Cacao. Shake off any extra liquid and dip the edges into cinnamon-sugar.
- Chill prepared martini glasses in the freezer or the fridge at least thirty minutes before serving.
- If you are going to make the frozen whipped cream you'll want to do this before making the cocktail. The frozen whipped cream can be made up two days in advance and can hang out in the freezer until you're ready to use it. Add heavy cream and confectioners' sugar to a bowl. Whip cream until stiff peaks form. Place whipped cream into a pastry bag fitted with a large tip (any shape). Pipe whipped cream into round towers on a parchment lined tray (will make four). Place in the freezer immediately and at least 30 minutes.
- For the cocktail, fill a cocktail shaker halfway with ice. Add the vodka, Creme de Cacao, heavy cream and pumpkin pie spice. Shake well (at least fifty time vigorously). Strain into chilled martini glasses. Place frozen whipped cream towers on top of the drinks and sprinkle lightly with additional pumpkin pie spice.